Some thoughts I had a while ago on the environmental forces that act on a company and its business model.
- My work focuses on business model design and innovation...
- Technology innovations alter the way we work and what things are possible... Remember the mainstreaming of the Internet in the 90's?
- Customer demand changes and companies are pressured to adapt... Given they try to understand customers (e.g. through hiring anthropologists...)
- Companies operate in a legal environment which restrict their sphere of action (sometimes positively... sometimes negatively)
- In an era of global competition and rapid technology innovation the threat of new competitors is constant...
- Companies operate in a social environment that influences its sphere of action