The Hawksmoor breakfast (also served with beans on the side). It's their rather excessive version of a the full English, though note that it's a meal for two, which makes it a bit less ridiculous, but there's tons still packed in there -- a large bacon chop hidden under the black pudding, bone marrow sticking out from under the eggs, some lovely mushrooms buried down the bottom, as well as all you can see. Very tasty, of course, and even though we ate this at about 4pm, I'm still calling it a breakfast. At Hawksmoor, Commercial Street.
- There were some excellent grilled mushrooms buried down here. Lovely.
- Another thing you can't see are the roast tomatoes under the eggs. They were excellent.
- Fried eggs, perfectly done. A bit difficult to cut in two, but manageable.
- The grilled bone marrow. It was certainly nice, but I'm not a huge fan of the marrow.
- Under here was a rather large smoked bacon chop. Excellent of course.
- The very fine Bury black puddings.
- The main flaw I felt was that the toast was a bit too chunky to do mopping up properly. I removed a few pieces to get a better photo, but they bring you more if you want more.
- Two large pork, beef & mutton sausages. High quality.
- The bubble and squeak, mashed potato and cabbage, with the customary extra bits of meat.
Hawksmoor, Spitalfields, London
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts