As fine a breakfast as you might get around here, this is the Cock Tavern's "Smithfield breakfast", with sausage, bacon, two eggs, black pudding, kidneys, beans and a tomato. Very tasty. At The Cock Tavern, East Poultry Avenue, London Central Markets.
- In the context, slightly disappointing. Decent but nothing special.
- Lovely grilled tomato.
- There's some bacon under here.
- A gorgeous black pudding.
- Two fried eggs, piled on each other, runny yolks.
- I thought these were mushrooms at first, but no. Kidneys. Very nice too.
- Baked beans, standard item.