Grenoble, 30 mai - 2 juin 2006.
Minatec, the biggest European research center in micro and nanotechnology, was inaugurated on June, 2, 2006, under the patronage of the CEA (Commissionership for the Atomic Energy).
It was the occasion for militants from citizen associations, non governement researchers, anti-nuclear party, to denounce the dark side of the Minatec project :
- the connection beetwen the CEA and the army,
- the subordination of civil research to military and economic constraints,
- the disastrous impact of the race to nanotechnology,
- the hi-tech gadgetry’s fetishism,
- the hidden purpose of individual’s surveillance endorsed by RFID (Radio Frequency Identification).