We split our CSA membership with another couple. This is what our half of the box looks like.
- some kind of lettuce
- beet with greens attached
- beet with greens attached #2
- spinach (i think)
- mizuna, i think! thanks for the spelling tip, tara!!
- some kind of lettuce?? help me out!
- patty pan squash
- 2 potatoes!
- another mystery lettuce!
- bitter melon, i presume!
- Might not be bitter melon (aren't they usually more knobbley?). Might be a variation of summer squash. I'd be surprised if they give you bitter melon, so few people like it. But if it is, there are Indian curry recipes.
Cut it open and see if it looks like a zucchini on the inside. Then taste. - tea_austen
- I agree, looks like MizuNA (I only know this because I'm growing it in my garden this summer:-) - tea_austen
- Thanks Tara, a taste test will def be in order. I'm kind of hoping it's not bitter melon since i'm pretty scared of it!
our half of our csa haul
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts