Pasadena Streets. Colorado and Fair Oaks about 1889
NOTES: This photo displays the buildings located on North Fair Oaks Avenue near the intersection of Fair Oaks and Colorado Boulevard in the year 1889. The windows display the real estate company of McDonald, Wilson, Stewart & Co. at No. 11 N. Fair Oaks and the druggist J.H Bellan & Co at No 9. Although the western side of Fair Oaks maintains even addresses today, the decreasing numbers as one goes to the right suggests that this is the East side of the street. These buildings are also next to Barney William's Hall, one of the first buildings built at this intersection and Pasadena's center for entertainment at that time. There is a horse and buggy, several men and women, and a dog in the foreground.
REPOSITORY: Pasadena Public Library
RIGHTS: All rights reserved.
SEARCH the Pasadena Digital History database
Flickr Collection: Pasadena Dogs