new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Student at videocassette player in the M.D. Anderson Library | by University of Houston Digital Library
Back to photostream

Student at videocassette player in the M.D. Anderson Library,178


Interior, student at videocassette player. M.D. Anderson Library was occupied in 1950 and dedicated on April 1, 1951. Since then, three additions have been made. The first was completed in 1968 and is known as the Blue Wing (architects: Staub and Rather, expanded to Staub, Rather, and Howze). The second was completed in 1977, and is formally named for M.D. Anderson Foundation trustee John H. Freeman, but is better known as the Brown Wing (architects: Kenneth Bentsen Associates). The third was completed in 2005 and is called the Gold Wing (architects: Shepley Bulfinch Richardson and Abbott). This addition, designed in conjunction with a major renovation of the existing building, added 48% more space to the library.


UH Photographs Collection, 1948-2000

1 fave
Taken on October 24, 2011