From the tower of the 15th century church of St George grotesque but worn gargoyles poke out their heads. The art of local medieval craftsmen can be seen in the early Tudor carving of the chancel screen and pew ends, and in the sculpture on the pillar capitals. Of interest are the original stone altar and the 15th century stone font. There are four bells in the tower, one of them pre-Reformation (1420-60).
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts