This 16-storey office building sits on the south-east corner of Broadway and 42th Street in Manhattan (its official address is 1466 Broadway). This is a partial vew of the north facade, the one on 42nd Street. It is a Beaux-Arts red brick building with terra-cotta detail, designed by Marvin & Davis (with Bruce Price (1845-1903) of the Canadian grand Châteaux fame as a consultant). It opened in 1906 as the upscale Knickerbocker Hotel, owned by John Jacob Astor IV. It was converted to office space during the Great Depression, but there were plans recently to revive its as an hotel.