Cantaloupe, Mint and Mango Juice 1of2
When you juice with your kids, you want them to get the immediate and delicious benefits of the fresh, nutrient-rich juice. So you probably don’t want to freeze a whole batch of juice.
But some of the softer fruits, such as melons and mangoes, leave a lot of juice in their fibers, even after you run them through your juicer (unless you have a dual disc juicer). So using those types of fruit gives you the best of both worlds — delicious juice and delicious pulp.
Makes about 4½ cups.
* 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and quartered
* 8-10 sprigs of fresh mint
* 2 mangoes, halved, seeded, and peeled
Process all ingredients through the juicer. Reserve pulp and 2 ounces of juice. Stir and serve.
1. Put your pulp and reserved juice into the blender and blend until smooth. This helps bring back a little sweetness and flavor.
2. Spoon into the molds and use a wooden BBQ skewer to help get the air bubbles out.
3. Freeze overnight.