After a while away from yoga class (because I don't believe in going to class when it's a triple-digit oven outside), I started up again last week. As usual, I realize how much I've missed yoga within the first five minutes of practice--even if I feel like a creaky old lady. One of my favorite poses is Triangle.
Here, Mini demonstrates it:
- Place your back foot parallel with the back of your mat and your front foot toward the top of your mat, pointed ahead.
- Outstretch your arms, facing toward the top of your mat.
- Reach your front arm as far as you can before bending from the hip and placing your hand on your shin, ankle, or foot.
- Stretch your opposite arm toward the sky.
- Turn your gaze upward.
- Use your core to lift and stretch in these opposing directions, maintaining your balance, as if between two panes of glass.
Be sure to do both sides!