The lamp atop Michigan Avenue's Metropolitan Tower seemingly lights up the moon on the night of Barack Obama's election. Originally built in 1924 as the headquarters for S. W. Straus and Company, a dealer of investment bonds, the beehive lamp symbolized industry and thrift. The lamp is supported by four limestone bisons! With the Metropolitan Tower, the famed architecture firm of Graham, Anderson, Probst & White took advantage of the revised height limitations in Chicago's new zoning laws by building up to 475 feet. The building is now being rehabbed as upscale condominiums.