This is the Red Lion pub on the Vicarage Road in Kings Heath. Surrounded by snow.
It is owned by Ember Inns.
It is a Grade II listed building dating from 1903.
A grand inn in a Cotswold limestone vernacular style. Dated 1903, by C
Bateman. Stone; slate roof. Two storeys 4 bays. First, an arched doorway
whose elaborately sculpted head reaches to the sill of the first floor
4 light transoms window which is flanked by concave sided polygonal
colonnettes. Then a big canted bay window rising through 2 storeys, a
subsidiary door with, above in a Gothic frame, a rampant lion and the words
'Ye Olde Red Lion' in a scroll beneath, and, finally, another big canted
bay window rising through both storeys. Moulded eaves cornice with
fleurons and lions in the frieze. Inside, much re-used old timber to give
the appearance of a timber framed building. Left and right roughcast screen
walls with modern iron gates between stone piers surmounted by urns. In the
walls, too, a pedestrians' entrance with original iron gate within a moulded
stone frame. The first of the Birmingham "reformed pubs".