Bow view of "Pamir", Wellington
Description: Bow view of "Pamir", Wellington
Archives New Zealand Reference: AAQT 6539 A1067
This photo is from Archives New Zealand's National Publicity Studios collection.
The National Publicity Studios was established in 1945, but its beginnings can be traced back to the establishment in 1924 of a Publicity Office - part of the Department of Internal Affairs. The emphasis of this Publicity Office was on films, photographs and booklets.
The purpose of the National Publicity Studios was to provide advice to government departments and state agencies on the provision of photographic, art, and display services and in particular to assist in the production of publicity material aimed at conveying a favourable image of New Zealand.