This manor house was built by Stephen Proctor between 1598 and 1604, partly with stone from the ruins of Fountains Abbey, which it adjoins. It is a fine example of late Elizabethan architecture, perhaps influenced by the work of Robert Smythson.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts