Cox Brothers, Rundle Street, Adelaide, 1939
Cox Brothers' smart new four storey department store in Rundle Street (now Mall - on the corner of Twin Street) is very much in the Art Deco style with large plate glass shop windows and cantilever verandah.
[On back of photograph] 'Acre 85 / Rundle Street, south side / April 8th 1939 / Cox Brothers' building was erected in 1938.
The Rex Cinema and the Adelaide Arcade dome can also be seen.
Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.