History of building, from: www.historicfairhaven.us/monahanbld.html
"1209 11th Street (1890)
"T.E. Monahan had his first saloon, The Board of Trade. on the original wagon trail that connected Fairhaven with Bellingham. As he prospered, he relocated to 11th street, opening on February 1st, 1891. He featured the finest wines, liquors and cigars, renaming his saloon The New Board of Trade. The name Monahan is still visible at the top of the building. More recently it has been a movie theater, and art gallery and a restaurant."