In April 2009 I made a dragon for the Stitch Explorer March challenge. I finished the embroidery in 15 days! That was the first time I got carried away by my embroidery. I bought a frame a few weeks later, but there was no time to frame it then. Last week I was looking for some things in my stash and I found it again. Now there was a different problem; I didn’t like the square frame! I like the shape of my dragon and decided it should be an ornament. I stretched it over an old CD with a piece of batting. For the back I used the same fabric, embroidered a label on it and stretched it over a second old CD with a piece of batting. Then I sewed an organza hanging loop on the back of the part with the dragon before I sewed them together. I decorated the edge with a burgundy velvet braid. After 15 months it’s finally finished!
I wrote about the making of this dragon here.