Benefits of Product Reviews for Any Ecommerce Store
Ecommerce is an #industry which goes through a lot of changes on consistent basis. And when we talk about changes, the biggest one is the product reviews’ rise to prominence. As a matter of fact, product reviews have become pretty common among the entire online community. They pop up everywhere whether you want them or not. Nevertheless, the real need is to make sure that you are using them strategically because they are actually the social proofs that your product is worth buying.
We are going to discuss about how product reviews can be helpful in your ecommerce business in different aspects.
Why online reviews are beneficial
One thing that you have to keep in mind is that people now consider online reviews as proofs they need before they make a decision about buying a product. A few facts are worth sharing here.
1. Before making a final purchase, 70% of customers read online reviews about the products.
2. About 63% of customers will prefer buying a product which would have online reviews and ratings.
3. About 67% of the potential #customers read 6 reviews before they start trusting a product.
4. For 79% of customers, product reviews are like personal recommendations.
5. 80% of consumers change their mind from intent to buy to no interest in buying when they read negative reviews about a product.
6. Looking at the average, about 75% of the online reviews posted on the product pages are positive. And 71% of the consumers say that they remain comfortable buying a product that would have positive reviews.
While these are the facts which tell how consumers find reviews helpful, it would be worth mentioning how retailers find online reviews beneficial for their ecommerce stores.
Online reviews change the perception about your product
One of the biggest challenges for you as a #retailer would be to make sure that your product is being trusted by the customers. For this purpose, you work on the quality, reliability and customer support. But then, you will also have to make sure that the word of mouth being spread about your product is in the positive manner. This is what you can achieve if your product is getting positive #reviews #online. These positive reviews will add to the trustworthiness of your #product.
An unbiased insight
The product detail you provide is always going to make a positive impression of your product, and it should be like that. But this product information is never going to be perceived unbiased because no vendor tells about their product’s pitfalls. On the other hand, online reviews serve this purpose quite amazingly.
Trust and reliability
You may have worked hard enough to ensure quality of your product but you will have to ensure effective marketing to build trust. That’s where you will find online reviews pretty helpful. But, you will have to make sure that you have made review making process easier enough for the customers because sometimes they want to leave a review but cannot do it because of the difficulty in review making process.