Leeds tram 399 & TARDIS, Crich Tramway Museum, Derbyshire. 2012
Leeds City Tramways 399 and TARDIS (Police Public Call Box), Town End, National Tramway Museum, Crich, Derbyshire. Sunday 03 June 2012.
399 was built at the Kirkstall Road Tramway works, Leeds in 1925 although it did not enter service until the following year. It was the last new tram to carry this striking primrose and choclate livery. It was withdrawn from passenger service in June 1951 and became a works shunter at Kirkstall Road and then moved to Swinegate on the closure of the works in 1957. It was then acquired for preservation and became the first tram to arrive at Crich in August 1959. It entered service at Crich after a long restoration in 1990.
Photograph copyright: Ian 10B.
Camera: Canon EOS 550D.