new icn messageflickr-free-ic3d pan white
Image from page 307 of "Railway mechanical engineer" (1916) | by Internet Archive Book Images
Back to photostream

Image from page 307 of "Railway mechanical engineer" (1916)

Identifier: railwaymechanica93newy

Title: Railway mechanical engineer

Year: 1916 (1910s)

Authors:

Subjects: Railroad engineering Engineering Railroads Railroad cars

Publisher: New York, N.Y. : Simmons-Boardman Pub. Co

Contributing Library: Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh

Digitizing Sponsor: Lyrasis Members and Sloan Foundation

  

View Book Page: Book Viewer

About This Book: Catalog Entry

View All Images: All Images From Book

 

Click here to view book online to see this illustration in context in a browseable online version of this book.

  

Text Appearing Before Image:

lroad.Administration should receive credit for helping to make thepresent conventions the best and most productive that haveever been held. The Administration will make a heavy in-vestment in sending the men to the conventions and it is de-sirous of getting the biggest possible returns for this expendi-ture. This is good business and is to be commended. Thefact that written reports are to be turned in does not mean,however, that Mr. McManamy or his assistants are going tocheck up the individuals and criticize their observations. E. H. Walker, the president of the Railway Supply Manu-facturers As.sociation, has been quick to take advantage of areal opportunity for co-operation with the Railroad .Adminis-tration; arrangements have been made whereby each railroadman in attendance at the conventions will he furnished witha special and very conveniently arranged notebook, whichpromises to prove most helpful in noting dovm facts forfuture reference or for making the above mentioned reports.

 

Text Appearing After Image:

Ihe Northwest Comer of the B. & O. Shops at Glctiu-ood, Showins the Hcaiy Caslitigs Platform at tiir Right The New B. & O. Shops At Glenwood Longitudinal Type, 21 Pits; Crane Service in Erect-ing, Machine; Boiler, Blacksmith and Tank Shops ANEW lcx:omotive repair shop which, with the newequipment installed, represents an expenditure ofmore than Jl,700,000, has recently been completedby the Westinghouse, Church, Kerr & Co., for the BaltimoreSc Ohio at Glenwood (Pittsburgh), Pa. The nature of thenew shop laxout was largely controlled by the rigid limita-tions of space imposed by the old shop site, most of whichis included in the new shop, as no site for a general relo-cation was available. The old shop was housed in a group of buildings startingwith an old roundhouse which was used as an erecting shop,adjoining one end of which was the machine shop. Theblacksmith shop, boiler shop and tank shop occupied threesteel frame buildings with corrugated siding adjoining theend of th

  

Note About Images

Please note that these images are extracted from scanned page images that may have been digitally enhanced for readability - coloration and appearance of these illustrations may not perfectly resemble the original work.

166 views
0 faves
0 comments
Taken circa 1916