Originally designed by John Taylor in 1888, the Queens Theatre Longton was rebuilt by Frank Matcham after a fire in 1896 when it reopened, it seems to have been renamed the Empire in 1916. From 1922 it was used as a cinema often under the control of ABC. It closed in favour of bingo in 1966 and was about to make a return as a live theatre when it was destroyed by fire in December 1992. The exterior was not great, even before the removal of the top floor.
Longton Empire Theatre / Coral Bingo, Stoke on Trent.
A scanned negative from May 1989.