No new employees have walked thru this door since 1956 ( New Employees Entrance - Abandoned Packard Plant-Detroit )
EXPLORED! The Packard plant on East Grand Boulevard in Detroit was designed by Albert Kahn, and included the first use of reinforced concrete for industrial construction in Detroit. When opened in 1907, it was considered the most modern automobile manufacturing facility in the world. The plant closed in 1957 ( although parts of it are still rented out ). The plant complex covers 35 acres ( 3.5 Million Square feet ) and during it's peak covered 4.5 million square feet.