The Packard plant on East Grand Boulevard in Detroit was designed by Albert Kahn, and included the first use of reinforced concrete for industrial construction in Detroit. When it opened in 1907, it was considered the most modern automobile manufacturing facility in the world. The plant closed in 1957 ( although parts of it are still rented out ). The plant complex covers 35 acres ( 3.5 Million Square feet ) . This view is about 1/3 of this SECTION of the building, of which there are 15 other sections that are even larger than this one.
This photo also appears in
keyboard shortcuts: ← previous photo → next photo L view in light box F favorite < scroll film strip left > scroll film strip right ? show all shortcuts