Raw Chocolate Pie
1 ½ cup – Pitted dates (let these sit in a bit of water to soften if
1 ½ cup – Brazil Nuts
1 cup- Cacao Nibs finely ground (you can now get cacao powder!)
1 - Medium Yam
½ cup- Agave Nectar (I often used honey instead)
½ cup- cashews
½ cup - Coconut oil
1- Orange or other citrus fruit
1. Blend the dates and Brazil nuts in a food processor.
2. Press date/nut dough into pie tin to form crust.
3. Grind cacao nibs in blender or coffee grinder. May need to blend twice to form as fine a powder as possible.
4. Peel yam and blend in food processor until creamy.
5. Blend cashews in blender.
6. Combine cashews, cacao, coconut oil, yam and agave nectar and mix together.
7. Pour filling into pie tin and smooth out with spatula.
8. Use a zestor or sharp knife to scrape off some citrus rind and sprinkle on top of pie. Adds a nice scent and a little colour.
9. Decorate at will.
10. Put in refrigerator for a few minutes to firm up before serving.