I've been tagged by a dear friend, Songglod,who has some great philosophies in life, to tell 10 random things about me.
1. I'm really not too keen on this "Tag" game. I've passed up a couple, and I'll play along this time, but I won't be tagging anyone else.
2. I am a woman in my early 60's. My full name is Cornelia and I was born in The Netherlands (Friesland) but I have lived in Southwestern Ontario in Canada for most of my life. I grew up in the country on a farm and spent a lot of time doing farm chores and working with the animals.
3. I'm fairly quiet and reserved and I am generally uncomfortable with most people outside of my family.
4. My family is the most important thing in my life. I come from a family of originally ten children. I have four of my own and now have eight grandchildren. A highlight of my life is when I was reunited with my adopted son after 38 years. A happy ending to a long wait.
5. As of Jan. 26th, I will have been active on Flickr for one year. I posted the above picture because it was my first upload. I posted this sometime in 2007and it sat there for about a year and a half and had 2 views. I was so excited;-) Anyways, I deleted it and started actively uploading with my frost pictures instead. I'm waiting for the right conditions to take more of the frost. I still like this shot. It was taken with my first digital camera - a Sony DSC - H1
6. In this one year I have had 355,000 all time hits here, mostly because of my water drops. I have 181 contacts (I used to try to keep it under 100) and l,l66 people call me a contact, mostly to browse, I assume.
7. I love being a part of Flickr and what it has done for me. I have
met some very wonderful people here. A lot of people I consider very
good friends from all over the world. I love the banter that goes
on. I used to keep my contacts down and lately I have been adding a
lot. I realize I don't always have to visit with every post.
Sometimes, I feel bogged down with Flickr. It can sure take up a lot of time, so I have to find the balance here and there.
8. I don't get on Explore anymore. There were a lot of changes made to Explore last fall and it was time to make room for newer people on Flickr to get exposure. One of my last ones was added 4 days after upload and put up to #2. Don't try to figure them out.
9. I don't have a "job" right now. Just over a year ago, I and my 4 person night crew were part of a large permanent downsize. Sun Media, (Quebecor), owners of the company I worked for did this without consulting anyone so a lot of work was lost and a crew had to be rehired. They asked me to come back, but I had six months severance pay coming to me so I said "meh". When the six months were almost up I did go back but after 4 months, things only got worse and I decided i had enough of the long hours and hard work so I quit and have been on a long break ever since. It's been great but time to get back to it somewhere soon.
10. I have been brought to tears many times by some of the kindest compliments given to me. I love giving help where I can and appreciate the tips and advice given to me.
11.. I find myself talking loudly to other drivers a lot (from my own car). Mostly to give them basic rules of the road, and basic driving instructions.;-)
12. When I was a kid I pumped up a frog with a bicycle pump and threw it back in the stream to watch it float. It didn't die;-). Oh, that feels good getting that off my chest! :-D. I was very young and curious, not mean. ( I won't tell you about my other experiments.) P.S. This is meant as a joke. I have the greatest respect for nature.
13. I ate all the Smarties
14. Oops. It was only supposed to be 10. .
15. One more thing - Recently someone entered one of my water drop pictures as their own into a contest. Stupidly, they chose my most popular one and of course this got noticed by some people who reported it, as I did, and it was withdrawn from the contest .