Opened on 10th July 1937 the building cost £26,150. Following an injection of over £3million by Fusion Leisure, including £500,000 funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Lido has been restored and improved, with new amenities. In the recent works the original front elevation (facing the park) was demolished, brought forward and rebuilt. Access is now through this new door.
This picture was taken on a walk organised by the Twentieth Century Society. To see the full click here click here.