We Built This City
The Don Valley Brick Works operated for nearly 100 years and provided bricks used to construct many well-known Toronto landmarks, such as Casa Loma, Osgoode Hall, Massey Hall, and the Ontario Legislature.
In 1928, the company was sold to Strathgowan Investments and was renamed again to the Toronto Brick Company. At this time the company had reached peak production of about 25 million bricks per year.
Closed in 1984 and currently (slowly) being restored,
by A non-profit called Evergreen has plans to develop the abandoned buildings into a cultural centre with a focus on the environment.