I take pictures because it makes me feel good.
I like portraits: I love interacting with people and observing them through the lens, discovering aspects I never noticed before and being surprised on how this changes the way I see them, things and myself.
And when all this comes out of a picture, well, it is a good day...
If you are interested in purchasing the book of my exhibition of Laos and Myanmar you can find it here
P.S. small note on faves/comments/contacts on nudes: I do appreciate interaction with people and I think I am quite openminded.
However I will not accept my pictures to end up in "hot chicks/porn collections"
Thanks for understanding
Photos of zamario (8)
- Noesis 15,018 photos, 619 members
- Flickr Italia_Solo Fotografia 1,974 photos, 344 members
- Enquire Mag 81,012 photos, 6,462 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*5 VISIONÄR [CLOSED] 672 photos, 825 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*4 SHHH... [CLOSED] 1,098 photos, 848 members
- Hipstamatic - Tokyo 東京 2,559 photos, 146 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 634,456 photos, 31,483 members
- Hipstamatic 271,877 photos, 16,389 members
- DOZE mag. Issue*3 JUNKLAND CLOSED! 528 photos, 705 members
- Leica M9 95,057 photos, 4,624 members
- °Karma Photography° 2,186 photos, 726 members
- Fotografías en blanco y negro ( post 1/award 3 ) 33,232 photos, 2,298 members
- GlossomDotCom 4,115 photos, 392 members
- LeicaShots 9,596 photos, 162 members
- EYE ZOOM ! ESTHETIQUE ! ( INVITE ONLY) 30,255 photos, 5,101 members
- Milanouel!W 8,147 photos, 1,827 members
- OF (Fotografare il Photoshow) 45,654 photos, 1,731 members
- Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM 46,024 photos, 5,099 members
- PhotoCouture Magazine 96 photos, 29 members
- F a s h i o n M a g a z i n e 4,828 photos, 517 members
- Holgagraphy 162,331 photos, 14,121 members
- Holga Mon Amour 69,408 photos, 4,494 members
- "À la sauvette" (street candid photography in motion) 7,511 photos, 2,076 members
- B Square 276,479 photos, 9,425 members
- Ciò Che Vedono i Miei Occhi/ Novità! 170,023 photos, 4,025 members
- Punk-Aristocracy 2,206 photos, 307 members
- Bending Light 13,111 photos, 3,521 members
- Grain is Good 242,339 photos, 12,261 members
- _B&W_ 88,561 photos, 2,657 members
- Strong Portraits (Creative High Contrast and Dodge & Burn) 9,528 photos, 1,113 members
- "Portraits Portraits Portraits ... " 12,858 photos, 873 members
- Different Angle 2,887 photos, 245 members
- Aut - Aut 70,669 photos, 1,693 members
- Metropolis Today (in Black & White) 1,382 photos, 335 members
- Radical Chic 531 photos, 186 members
- **The Street Photography Society** 113,069 photos, 4,587 members
- Souls (bw People) 18,993 photos, 1,795 members
- Black and White Film 327,564 photos, 9,636 members
- RAW Street Photography 684,441 photos, 27,660 members
- ~Beyond Portraiture—a little further 28,545 photos, 2,018 members
- Street & Reportage 84,549 photos, 3,673 members
- B&W PORTRAITS 60,321 photos, 4,199 members
- Beautiful Myanmar 9,810 photos, 298 members
- Flickr Tate Gallery (invites only) 1,415 photos, 947 members
- alan's psychedelic breakfast 5,343 photos, 1,035 members
- ╠Art Libre-Free Art-Arte Libre-Freie Kunst-INVITED PIX ONLY 49,457 photos, 7,842 members
- The Flickr Portrait Gallery 310,334 photos, 20,987 members
- B&W Xibit 7,929 photos, 728 members
- Modern ICONOGRAPHY 16,391 photos, 1,592 members
- Rangefinder Cameras 197,859 photos, 6,804 members
Rossella Rasulo says:
"Mario è uno di quegli uomini che pensi si siano estinti da tempo, perché di gentili come lui ormai non ne fanno più. Ma la prima cosa che noti, mentre sei su un tetto o in equilibrio su un albero davanti al suo obiettivo, non è la sua gentilezza ma la sua imprevedibilità. Perché sembra sempre tutto inaspettato e allo stesso tempo rassicurante ogni volta che si ha che fare con lui. E poi ha questo modo di far fotografie che quando ti rivedi nei suoi scatti quasi non ci credi e invece è proprio così."
25th January, 2013
pino piedimonte says:
"...una fonte di ispirazione inesauribile!"
26th January, 2010
Maxwell Edison* says:
"A true master of light and shadow"
29th March, 2009
"zamario...in my view...one of the finest shooters of female nude imagery here or anywhere for that matter...bravo"
6th March, 2009
"Mi piace piu di quanto dovrebbe piacere un imagine. Quando vedo questo tipo di cose (arte), mi chiedo sempre dove la vita vera, s'è è qui, dietro della machina fotografica, danvanti o nel riflesso che c'è tra gli elementi !
When you enter this stream, you just wonder why you like it more than you should. When you see this type of things called art and especialy his, you just wonder where is the real life : behind the camera or in front of it, or maybe in the reflection that there is in the middle of the world, like words, like meaning with no words.
Long Life to Zamario !"
21st January, 2009
"J'aime vraiment beaucoup ce que tu fais ! Bravo, nice to see your pics..."
11th August, 2008
Pasquale Maria Salerno says:
"Mario has one of the most precious gifts: he's able to put people's energy, feelings, intimacy in his photographs.
An eye trained to observe, to interact, to understand. And to respect.
He shoots mainly with his brain and with his heart.
That's what photography is all about. That's how not only a photographer, but a also a human being, should be."
9th January, 2008
Klængur Gunnarsson says:
"All I can say is... Amazing! Great eye for photography and his black and whites are really good!"
1st September, 2007
"Not yet a testimonial for this amazing stream? I'll start then. His stream is why I find flickr amazing, out of the blue you'll stumble on it, like in my case, to find a gem. I'm in danger of faving most of them. Great eye for details and compositiion is top notch."
22nd June, 2007
- Mario Zanaria
- November 2005
- Milan, Italy
- I am:
- zamario [at] tiscalinet.it