My interest in photography began in middle school with me using my family’s Kodak Instamatic camera. In high school, I took a photography class and got my first SLR camera which I was pleased to use as one of the yearbook photographers.
I grew up in a family rich in culture as my parents grew up in different countries: Portugal and Mexico. Over the years, family visits to Mexico have given me the opportunity to capture some beautiful images. You don’t always have to travel far, however, to get fantastic photos. I’ve taken some of my favorite pictures in the metro Detroit area and other cities throughout Michigan.
I currently use a Nikon digital SLR and always carry my point and shoot, thanks to my husband who encouraged me a couple of years ago to venture into the digital photography world. I’m drawn towards nature / outdoor and candid photography, but with inspiration from my exposure.Detroit friends, I’ve expanded my images to include all things urban, abandoned and vintage. I enjoy and appreciate the outside of the box thinking that photography gives me. It helps me see beauty in pretty much anything from an obvious breathtaking sunset to a not so obvious rundown building. I find myself looking at the world with this photographer’s eye view and consider it a true blessing.
- March Photo Challenge 2012 177 photos, 20 members
- Reveal Your Detroit 732 photos, 133 members
- Maui, Hawaii 26,638 photos, 1,796 members
- Spring in The Air 2011 237 photos, 110 members
- Unexpected finds that made you smile 530 photos, 49 members
- Exposure.Detroit at The Woodbridge Pub 7 photos, 22 members
- Exposure.Detroit - Woodward:Mile by Mile 246 photos, 57 members
- BestOfDetroit 2,944 photos, 99 members
- One Leaf 7,950 photos, 3,266 members
- Beautiful Madeira 7,900 photos, 414 members
- Flare Fridays 8,720 photos, 1,631 members
- The Way I See It; Starbucks Cups 30 photos, 34 members
- The Swap-a-Lot - Closed for the duration. 99 photos, 105 members
- bokeh whores 239,826 photos, 11,473 members
- Coca-Cola 23,318 photos, 6,939 members
- Tequila 1,031 photos, 235 members
- Acción Poética 916 photos, 437 members
- Project Amazing Balloon 38 photos, 26 members
- Decayed yet Hauntingly Beautiful 107,734 photos, 7,209 members
- *Swoon 35,643 photos, 1,472 members
- Apple Cider Mills 132 photos, 42 members
- Mannequin 23,075 photos, 3,429 members
- Mannequin Hunters 9,142 photos, 804 members
- Toilets for Terry 161 photos, 80 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 313,331 photos, 10,502 members
- Starbucks 20,157 photos, 6,843 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 4,825 photos, 1,356 members
- texture whores 85,316 photos, 4,636 members
- Picnikers - closed 131,399 photos, 10,140 members
- Save Michigan Central Station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Detroit Michigan 1,473 photos, 336 members
- Ann Arbor Graffiti 632 photos, 122 members
- Red Rule 492,990 photos, 42,022 members
- Michigan Barns 2,837 photos, 146 members
- Highland Park, Michigan 385 photos, 32 members
- American Heart Association's Go Red For Women 206 photos, 161 members
- Signs of Detroit 1,255 photos, 203 members
- One Window 8,312 photos, 926 members
- One Door 12,882 photos, 1,793 members
- One Chair 3,257 photos, 913 members
- Pure Detroit 3,865 photos, 314 members
- Quote Whores 5,569 photos, 413 members
- El Cerro de la Silla 434 photos, 113 members
- Monterrey 13,507 photos, 633 members
- BEST BOTTLES - The BOTTLE experience! 5,950 photos, 1,716 members
- Barrio Antiguo 989 photos, 84 members
- I collect light . 373,774 photos, 14,155 members
- Blartsy 2,120 photos, 260 members
- CHAINORAMA 1,013 photos, 265 members
- Winter 2008-9 153 photos, 34 members
- Bokeh Wednesday Eve 9,552 photos, 861 members
Jeff Milton says:
"Chris has a wonderful sense of color and uses color in very bold ways. Her images have a certain style. We also share something in common beside a love for photography, we both have day jobs at the same company. Keep the images coming Chris."
3rd April, 2008
"Cris is a stellar photographer. I have learned so much from her in the short time I've known her and she never fails to impress me. I can't think of a better person to share an exhibit or a jail cell with.
thank you for being weird enough to be my friend. xoxo"
24th March, 2008
Buzz Click Photography says:
"I've had a few chances to shoot alongside Cris this year and I am glad to call her an exposure.detroit friend. I've been meaning to write this for a while. Cris has a great eye for anything she chooses to photograph, but especially for everyday household objects. Absolutely nothing is out of bounds for her. Colors, angles, perspectives, stuff that I would either dismiss or not even think of, she pulls off and turns into some of the finest art on Flickr. Cris doesn't take pictures. She is a woman with a sharp eye who looks at the world and tells us what she thinks - and what she FEELS in her very special delicate way of looking. And WOW does she catch the detail that we all often pass! Its a pleasure to browse through her photostream to check out her latest compositions and the creativity that she puts into her work.
Her enthusiasm knows no limits! But the thing about Cris is that she has no idea how good she is!!!
I am in awe of her photographic & artistic skills and look forward to seeing her new uploads whenever I sign on to Flickr. Always interesting, often fun, and over-modest... you have to treat yourself to a day with Cris!
(I don't know who got her into this Flickr world but I'm glad she bumped into him!)"
23rd March, 2008
Bobby Alcott says:
"Cris is a very talented photographer with a special feel for both positive and negative spaces. Her work is thought-provoking and stimulating, leaving the viewer a real opportunity for interpretation and closure.
She's also a first-class person, and I'm proud to call her a friend."
9th January, 2008
- December 2006
- Metro Detroit Area
- I am:
- Female and Taken