I'm a Software Engine—you know what? That's a pretty useless title. I make software. I participate in every stage of it, conception, requirements, design, innovation, architecture, implementation, quality, support, and every other bit.
That's kind of stressful, though. So I try to get out and photograph stuff. I put the results of that here. Sometimes I'm pretty happy with what I make. If you like what I have shared, feel free to add me as a contact or just favorite everything in my stream, you know, whatever works for you. Above all, though, I love to read opinions of my work. It's all art for art's sake here, and viewer replies are the only real payment I ever get.
My primary interests have been difficult to nail down. I'd say the #1 draw for my creative application of photography is the nebulous and broad genre of "crap people have made and or did here" or perhaps something on the same axis as "manufactured landscapes" a la Burtynsky but with a much broader range and not always with the same kind of social commentary undertones. I'll happily make an image out of a rust pipe erupted through a sidewalk or a landscape defined by nature and man in concert. I would love to shoot some junkyards or something, but, I don't quite have Burtynsky's contacts or sensibilities about such things yet.
Whatever the case, enjoy yourself.
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 13,820 photos, 10,961 members
- Sony α NEX 227,445 photos, 10,537 members
- Photography for Real Estate 26,971 photos, 8,261 members
- Architecture 1,267,164 photos, 73,863 members
- Strobist.com 582,468 photos, 116,224 members
- The Places We Live - Artistic Photography of the Streets 519 photos, 97 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 975,436 photos, 58,010 members
- Rokinon Users 591 photos, 95 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 89,811 photos, 5,773 members
- Mars Weekly's Travel Light Photography 81,350 photos, 2,977 members
- The Birdsill Holly Society 8,103 photos, 1,148 members
- Photowalking Utah 8,358 photos, 1,203 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 191,630 photos, 8,501 members
zacheryjensen doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Zachery Jensen
- December 2006
- Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, USA
- I am:
- Sr. Software Engineer
- Oblivious Algorithm