I'm a designer, a photographer, a traveler, and a dreamer. I'm interested in people, life, and the world. My inspirations are beautiful things.
Photography is a way of telling what you feel about what you see. -- Ansel Adams
portfolio | youngdoo.net/
facebook | youngdoo
twitter | youngdoo
blog - new | today is only
blog - old | between the covers of the book
I also use Instagram actively and my ID is youngdoo.
My Camera Choices are
Canon 5D MKII
Seagull TLR 4A-105 (The Shanghai)/ Seagull-4
Yashica Electro 35
Canon Canonet QL III
- Film is Awesome! 234,225 photos, 7,780 members
- Kodak Ektar 100 44,843 photos, 4,615 members
- Lomo LC-A/+ 117,364 photos, 4,945 members
- LOMO 216,028 photos, 31,796 members
- Busan Lightstalkers 132 photos, 26 members
- ! **お散歩カメラ / osanpo camera 485,764 photos, 13,240 members
- Best of Minimalist Landscapes 64 photos, 327 members
- Lensbaby 71,006 photos, 9,069 members
- Lensbaby Composer 18,212 photos, 1,614 members
- Kodak Portra Lovers 33,712 photos, 2,094 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,342,076 photos, 32,928 members
- Medium Format 635,488 photos, 24,053 members
- Hasselblad 214,982 photos, 11,048 members
- The Happy Hookers 33,259 photos, 2,726 members
- Holga 249,687 photos, 19,399 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 521,497 photos, 22,182 members
- Canon EOS-5D Mark II 52,232 photos, 1,549 members
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM 127,345 photos, 8,551 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 42,273 photos, 8,592 members
- ROTHKOesque 9,847 photos, 3,955 members
- :10 Things: 6,245 photos, 765 members
- 6MillionDollarTeam™ 16,819 photos, 712 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 120,602 photos, 22,446 members
- Through the Viewfinder 59,669 photos, 7,100 members
- Seoul Photo Club 10,534 photos, 878 members
- I Like Grass 10,127 photos, 2,154 members
- It's a girl thing 71,739 photos, 4,691 members
- Flickr API 802 photos, 11,687 members
- The Cinematographer 71,305 photos, 4,757 members
- zen 61,683 photos, 4,029 members
- Moleskinerie 107,359 photos, 18,247 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 902,992 photos, 56,384 members
- FlickrCentral 6,081,151 photos, 183,874 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 588,107 photos, 46,688 members
- Korea Images 80,705 photos, 4,926 members
- Utata 399,483 photos, 21,808 members
- Textures 117,350 photos, 8,061 members
- Decisive Moment 70,753 photos, 18,957 members
- Vector Art 60,496 photos, 8,849 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 1,743,642 photos, 39,968 members
- It's Raining 7,475 photos, 1,925 members
- Illustration Friday LIQUID (May 17-23) 12,903 photos, 6,614 members
- theMoMAproject [NYC] 32,185 photos, 4,661 members
- FIS (Flickr in Seoul) 31,370 photos, 1,869 members
- Nordic Design 8,809 photos, 2,213 members
- Design Nerds 39,519 photos, 3,735 members
- beautiful decay. 229,647 photos, 9,336 members
- Travel Photography 1,839,669 photos, 77,994 members
- FlickrSoup for the Soul 611,840 photos, 14,915 members
- vandigicam 2,868 photos, 635 members
"YoungDoo not only manages to capture emotions and beauty in ways only very few can, she tells a story with each photo she makes. A simple cup of coffee, for example, looks near-magical when captured by her. A wedding in Braga, captured by her in a way I have never experienced before. Because with every moment captured, you feel the life around it. You read the story that created this moment.
YoungDoo seems to truly understand the beauty that is all around us. This, at times, makes it quite hard to walk somewhere with her as she often suddenly wanders off or goes all macro on some random pot in front of an even more random store, but the result is always worth the detour. no exception.
I am honored to be able to say that YoungDoo is my friend. She is a true artist in heart and soul. I'm looking forward to see what you'll tell me next.
Oh, and thank you, for every story you've shown me so far.
8th July, 2009
"YoungDoo has the amazing ability to include emotions into her photographs. Her photographs are sensual, feminine and emotive. She inspires.
You're lucky if you know her in real life."
29th April, 2008
J.R. Ball says:
"She is the sweetest person you will ever meet. And she's ridiculosly talented. How is this possible? The world may never know."
14th April, 2008
" YoungDoo's photography has a warmth that heightens the intimacy of the experience. Space is, in her hands, a material that she masterfully manipulates to create a closeness which draws the audience and the subject into concentric trajectories. Hers is the ability to remove barriers, and build bridges between people.
Her pictures are the refrain to the saddest song, the deepest hue of any color, the book that makes a library complete. YoungDoo allows the viewer to, not merely view, but to experience; to experience the comfort of friendship, the intimacy of companionship, the muted pain of longing. It would be a mistake to call YoungDoo's photography art. It is, in fact, a dear companion who wishes nothing more than spend precious time together with you."
14th December, 2007
"I know YoungDoo! Shared the desk with her, went to Blenz with her and talked to her! She's come a longgggggg way from her early days to this! I'm proud of the creative individual you have become, Ydoo! ^^
Keep up the great work~~~ see! you are already Flickr-y famous! =P"
30th August, 2007
Tom Pan says:
"First I liked how many places YoungDoo has been to. Then it came to my attention that the photographs were even more interesting. That is, beautiful, funny, thoughtful, tasty, kind - an ode to life!
Now? Well, I just enjoy. Thank you for the moments you share, YoungDoo. Let's hope for better weather next time we'll be slurping on our fruit juices!"
10th July, 2006
- YoungDoo Moon
- September 2005
- Greensboro, NC, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Designer/ Photographer
- YoungDoo Moon