- Toronto Is Awesome 2,051 photos, 90 members
- The Grid – Toronto 3,195 photos, 127 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2011 163 photos, 16 members
- tiffr 13 photos, 5 members
- ddoi live - June 2011 9 photos, 3 members
- ddoi live - May 2011 72 photos, 6 members
- ddoi live workshop - September 2010 1 photo, 1 member
- Toronto International Film Festival 2010 577 photos, 76 members
- Low key 21,297 photos, 5,164 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2009 734 photos, 71 members
- RedBall Project 693 photos, 139 members
- Luminato 1,108 photos, 127 members
- Pinhole Photography 68,772 photos, 10,616 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 8,345 photos, 2,652 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 28,482 photos, 3,873 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2008 593 photos, 62 members
- Lightning 31,225 photos, 12,559 members
- BikingToronto 6,586 photos, 322 members
- Dundas Square 130 photos, 29 members
- Yonge & Dundas 911 photos, 131 members
- Quotografie 732 photos, 97 members
- The Unconscious Art of Demolition 505 photos, 702 members
- Time Lapse Videos 6,328 photos, 2,939 members
- Timelapse Videos 6,156 photos, 3,077 members
- ddoi workshop - 200803 21 photos, 8 members
- Portal 980 photos, 373 members
- Bridges of the World 66,421 photos, 7,674 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 141,973 photos, 16,603 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 553 photos, 287 members
- The Florentine 2,388 photos, 229 members
- One Of A Kind 603,167 photos, 20,229 members
- Spacing spring 2008 • the Car issue 343 photos, 59 members
- toronto zombie walk 9,841 photos, 388 members
- Shot! 106 photos, 86 members
- Equirectangular 11,980 photos, 1,488 members
- Nuit Blanche for CBC Toronto 609 photos, 89 members
- NOW Magazine 34,336 photos, 1,085 members
- Movie Sets 3,388 photos, 425 members
- ON THE SET 3,263 photos, 279 members
- Toronto International Film Festival 2007 389 photos, 50 members
- How We Are Now 5,126 photos, 2,675 members
- * making planets * 8,090 photos, 1,485 members
- Create Your Own Planets 17,415 photos, 5,309 members
- Santiago Calatrava's Architecture 8,985 photos, 1,384 members
- Opening night at the ROM - the Lee-Chin Crystal extension 150 photos, 23 members
- blogTO (Toronto) 193,640 photos, 6,059 members
- I deleted my JPG Magazine account 124 photos, 126 members
- Prison Break Fans 136 photos, 234 members
- Leslie Street Spit / Tommy Thompson Park 1,011 photos, 96 members
- Spacing's Spring-Summer 2007 issue: WATER 253 photos, 28 members
"The remarkable documentation of Toronto as found in Mr. Javanrouh's pictures stands as testiment to the worth and versatility of the digital camera. I lived most of my life in Toronto, and with the right camera equipment it is a fairly easy city to get good pictures. But Mr. Javanrouh goes beyond this. The pictures that he shoots on his daily dose site are true art pieces. I recommend keeping an eye on him and his work, as I think that he is going to go very far. Looking at his street shots, I know that even Weegee would approve, and I cannot top that for praise. John Smith"
10th December, 2007
"Three years ago I stumbled onto Sam's work from a link on a site I can't recall for the life of me. Sam's photos, on the other hand, have been a part of my life every day since! :-)
Sam is a true Renaissance man. From macro to micro, architecture to nature, people to places, and everything in-between; it seems like the spirit of Midas lives on in Sam! ;-)
His work has inspired me to continue taking photographs through some of the roughest times in my life. For at least that one moment every day when I checked his photoblog, I knew I would be filled with sublime wonder at whatever he had posted the night before. Never was I disappointed and hardly was I anything less than awe-struck at what I saw. The quality of light. The sincerity of the composition. Amazing e-v-e-r-y time.
Sam is truly blessed with incredible skill behind the lens and behind the monitor. He's my number one inspiration.
Thank you for everything Sam!
I look forward to tomorrow's photo! ;-)"
2nd February, 2007
28th October, 2005
"Without Sam... you wouldn't have a lot of things, or they wouldn't be the same. The man's a legend and for good reason. Thanks for being an inspiration buddy."
15th August, 2005
"Sam has the eye and the sense to bring to life, the world that surrounds him. He sees things and brings out the beauty in the simple things.
Suck a great guy, An awesome talent."
10th June, 2005
Irina Souiki says:
"Ok, he's a star, he's a phenomenon in the photoblogging community, he runs out of bandwidth Gigabytes every month, but for me he's a great photographer and a very nice guy who wouldn't mind pose for a family shot with your kids. He's good as what he does, even if he's still shy of taking people shots (have you seen his portraits set? I wonder why...).
His Photoshop skills are by pair with his talent, but for me, together they make the artist. I am not a purist to throw away beautiful images because they've been manipulated.
His work is remarkable and being one of the first people to have discovered his photoblog, I feel deeply thankful for the inspiration he gave me over the last 1.5 years. He's one of the first 3 photographers who brought me onto this path and hope to get to know him better, away from his pedestal."
20th April, 2005
- Sam Javanrouh
- December 2004
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- daily dose of imagery