What is Wood's Library?
Mostly photographs of buses taken by me between 1964 and the present day. The largest number are from the 1970s.
Many are from my original home town, Teesside, but there are plenty of others from around Britain, also some from Switzerland and Portugal.
The sets are sorted by place, with some other categories such as 'Buses & People', 'Transporter Bridge Middlesbrough', and 'Quirkington' which is transport and other oddities.
Those before 1971 were taken on 'snapper' cameras (they have 'en' prefix - 'early negative' numbers).
Those between 1971 and 2002 were taken on 35mm SLR cameras ('n' prefix).
Those between 2002 and now are digital.
The 35mm negatives are scanned on a 'Reflecta 7200 Professional' high resolution film scanner, so that any quality in the original is not lost, as is the case with mass-market scanners. (For display on Flickr the file sizes have been reduced).
The photos are copyright, so please ask permission to use them. I'll usually say yes for non-commercial use with acknowledgement to A.R.Wood or Wood's Library.
What was Wood's Library?
My paternal great grandfather was a Londoner who was appointed to open the branch of W H Smith on the station at Stockton-on-Tees in the 19th century.He later opened his own shop selling books, stationery and toys at the top of Stockton High Street, which became known as 'Wood's Corner'. My grandfather took over this business after World War One, and in the mid-1930s sold it and bought a new shop att 111 Lanehouse Road in nearby Thornaby, selling similar merchandise and running a lending library. He sold the shop on retirement in the early 1950s. The photograph shows Wood's Library around 1948.
- Yellow Buses, Bournemouth (Transdev/RATP eras) 1,076 photos, 36 members
- Blue Buses in Brighton.. 187 photos, 24 members
- Remembering National Petrol. 78 photos, 7 members
- Lamposts, Lamps, and Street Lights 9,001 photos, 1,765 members
- Historic Buildings, Monuments, Parks & Gardens of British Isles 2,883 photos, 66 members
- Scenes from the British Isles 12,600 photos, 110 members
- 12 & 62-Reg Buses & Coaches 9,732 photos, 192 members
- Tram UK: Trams and Metro Systems of Britain 4,024 photos, 128 members
- Bus UK: Willowbrook of Loughborough and Marshall of Cambridge 3,420 photos, 97 members
- Bus UK: Park Royal of London 4,492 photos, 72 members
- Bus UK: Metro-Cammell of Birmingham and Weymann of Addlestone 3,762 photos, 65 members
- Bus UK: ECW of Lowestoft 10,583 photos, 161 members
- Bus UK: Countryliner 1,170 photos, 130 members
- Shades of Jowitt 875 photos, 101 members
- Shamrock Buses/Routemaster Bournemouth/Vintage Yellows 240 photos, 14 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,637,117 photos, 224,741 members
- Classic postwar town and city Transport 1,601 photos, 22 members
- Bus UK RENOWN COACHES LTD OF BEXHILL-ON-SEA 259 photos, 95 members
- UK Bus Interiors 2,353 photos, 190 members
- Transports Publics Portugais / Transportes Publicos Portugueses 9,151 photos, 137 members
- Go Ahead buses. 14,270 photos, 136 members
- Oxford Bus Company 1,469 photos, 161 members
- The Big Lemon Bus Company 733 photos, 104 members
- Bus UK: Buses and Pubs 909 photos, 202 members
- Brighton & Hove Buses 3,534 photos, 158 members
- Bus UK: Now and Then (Same bus, different year) 1,187 photos, 206 members
- Suntrekkers, Sundecker Group 113 photos, 12 members
- London Black Cabs 5,837 photos, 842 members
- Bus UK : Before They Were Preserved 366 photos, 29 members
- Great Yarmouth Transport 145 photos, 41 members
- Stymie Bold Italic 345 photos, 137 members
- Transport 1940s to 1980s 9,313 photos, 76 members
- Rear entrance buses 8,891 photos, 76 members
- Bus UK: Dual-Door Buses 3,312 photos, 125 members
- London Routemasters *IN ORDER* 0 photos, 109 members
- Bus UK: Simply Quirky 1,220 photos, 104 members
- Bus UK: Choice of colours 884 photos, 111 members
- Beautiful Land 3,021 photos, 105 members
- Great Britain in photos 23,932 photos, 165 members
- Pre-Worboys Road Signs 2,986 photos, 230 members
- my favourite transport 11,478 photos, 47 members
- NBC local coach stripey (venitian blind) livery 270 photos, 84 members
- Beauty of Model buses, cars and diorama's 2,066 photos, 60 members
- YDX 221 Appreciation Society 270 photos, 26 members
- West Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive (WYPTE) 1974 -1986 3,910 photos, 127 members
- Bus Café (No in service buses. Please read the rules) 2,301 photos, 193 members
- Bus UK United Automobile Services 2,001 photos, 99 members
Wood's Library doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- February 2010