Here's my little story. I was born in Manila, Philippines but grew up in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Currently live near Madison, Wisconsin. Loved photography ever since I owned my first camera when I was 7 and wasted roles of film taking blurry pictures of my model airplanes. Hopefully I've improved as a photographer since then:) I enjoy taking landscapes and nature pictures, although I am dabbling with night and macro shots as well. My passion for photography has grown exponentially since I owned my first digital camera - what a great way to experiment and improve as a photographer without wasting tons of money on film and developing. Since I am just an amature, Flickr is such a wonderful site because it gives me a chance to share my photos with other people than just my immediate family. In addition, viewing other people's work inspires me to improve as a photographer! Finally, Flickr has also given me the opportunity to meet and interact with many wonderful and talented people all over the world:)
create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
- Project Weather 106,152 photos, 31,276 members
- Curaçao 1,651 photos, 97 members
- Curacao 5,259 photos, 370 members
- Wonderfully, Skagit County 6,767 photos, 381 members
- Vermont People and Places 17,218 photos, 1,217 members
- Vermont 16,214 photos, 960 members
- Grupo BOHOLANO 4,192 photos, 202 members
- Cancun, Mexico 4,109 photos, 623 members
- Isla Mujeres 2,171 photos, 156 members
- Family 62,755 photos, 5,100 members
- 6 Photos – SeriesGroup 56,855 photos, 5,401 members
- The Light Painters Society 336,243 photos, 14,287 members
- Urban Decay 357,856 photos, 29,863 members
- Urbex :: Urban Exploration 208,653 photos, 8,968 members
- Abandoned Michigan 5,862 photos, 467 members
- Beach Photography 422,204 photos, 60,736 members
- Janesville 642 photos, 52 members
- Wisconsin Urban Exploration 1,458 photos, 141 members
- Wisconsin's Rustic Roads 236 photos, 59 members
- When I am not taking Pictures I am... 73 photos, 90 members
- Canon Digital Photographers (Nature & Wildlife) 68,755 photos, 1,617 members
- Cactus Flowers 1,106 photos, 127 members
- Dragonfly Awards * Post1 - Award 3 * *Sweeper Active* 553,453 photos, 24,035 members
- Ambergris Caye 263 photos, 31 members
- Belize 8,967 photos, 658 members
- INTERESTING SHOT ●Add 1 - Award or Invite 3● 16,249 photos, 1,875 members
- This pic makes me wanna... (comment on the 3 previous pics) 60,951 photos, 6,305 members
- "Flickrs Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 266,748 photos, 13,331 members
- I ♥ Philippines 27,841 photos, 1,534 members
- Philippines 148,002 photos, 7,754 members
- Adobe Lightroom 22,463 photos, 22,105 members
- 5 elements Exhibition in Barcelona 1,095 photos, 474 members
- Photos of QUALITY to Smile About /POST 2 COMMENT ON 2 228,526 photos, 15,387 members
- Utah 50,440 photos, 2,798 members
- Utah Landscapes 43,188 photos, 3,648 members
- Marshfield, Wisconsin - The City in the Center 186 photos, 20 members
- Nature and Nothing Else (Post 1 - Award 3) - No Flowers! 20,442 photos, 2,751 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 40,235 photos, 9,718 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 918 photos, 23,013 members
- Footprints, tracks and imprints 3,706 photos, 1,837 members
- Mexico 121,835 photos, 4,547 members
- Cabo San Lucas 4,310 photos, 470 members
- World100F – The QualityGroup 11,358 photos, 2,088 members
- Lady Bugs On Parade 8,764 photos, 2,749 members
- !!FlickrGreen ~ Everyday is Earth Day!! 225,767 photos, 6,552 members
- mother and child 18,545 photos, 4,798 members
- Just Like Heaven (Nature and Natural Landscapes Only) 2,373 photos, 390 members
- *Best of Flickr* (Comment 1 / invite 2) PHOTOS ONLY 654,184 photos, 24,296 members
- Eclectic Gallery (post 1, comment any 1) 22,650 photos, 1,207 members
- Minimalism 179,944 photos, 19,134 members
Todd Klassy says:
"Michael was one of my very first contacts on Flickr when I joined some years ago (has it really been that long?). Every one of his images of Wisconsin convey his love for this state and his love of photography. Always technically accurate, his colors are superb, and his composition is always strong. It is a joy to see what Michael is brewing next and I am proud to have him as one of my first (and best) contacts."
9th August, 2009
"The first image I saw of Michael's was a long exposure of hands playing a piano. I remember this well because I was amazed at the simplicity and the beauty of the shot. It remains one of my very favourites to this day!
Ever since then I have looked forward to seeing Michael's photos. Such a variety of images, full of colour and full of beauty! Michael is one of my long time treasured friends on here and I am truly happy and honoured to have met such a wonderful and talented person on here. One day I would adore crossing paths with him, I'm sure I would learn a lot!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful world and friendship Michael, it will be treasured forever.
17th March, 2008
"I have known WisDoc since kindergarten and I must say, I knew he was a very bright individual, but I never knew how talented a photographer he was! His photos are very creative and look to me like the work of a distinguished professional! Nice work! WisDoc is also one of the best Brewer, Packer and Badger fans that I know! :) FEBRUARY 2008 UPDATE: WisDoc really showed how great a friend he is to me this year. We had a conversation during a Packer game where I told him I waffled on going to an autograph signing by Green Bay wider receiver Donald Driver and didn't go because I didn't want to be the type who was obsessed with celebrities. He said, "I totally would have gone if I knew about it!" That taught me how you should have no shame in meeting celebrities and famous people if you have the opportunity and not care about what others say about you doing it if you want to. Well, thanks to this loss of shame, I met the entire Clinton family this week - a former First Lady and U.S. Presidential candidate and the 42nd President of the United States and their outstanding daughter! Who knows if I would have made the effort to meet them had WisDoc and I not had that convo! And then, the first time I had the chance to meet Hillary, I experienced my worst nightmare! In some freak accident, I lost my camera battery and could only take lower quality photos with my backup camera! I did plan to go to a backup event 3 hrs away the next day if things didn't go well at the first one, and WisDoc responded to my call close to midnight and very graciously lent me his battery! This nightmare led to me wearing a Cheesehead and Brett Favre jersey and gathering the courage to ask Hillary in front of 500 people if I could make sure I got the photo. Hillary was so nice to me and very graciously sought me out at the end of the event! You can see the photos at my site, but this testimonial is about WisDoc and I just want to stress that not only is he an extremely talented photographer, he is a very loyal and indispensable friend, and I'd bend over backwards to help him in any emergency! Enjoy his photos!!!"
20th February, 2008
"Wisdoc is my favourite photoprapher on flickr, he simply has the greatest shots and the best photos, i really enjoy his photos and could spend hours looking at them..."
16th June, 2007
"Quite simply put...the best photographer on Flickr."
6th February, 2007
Bill in STL says:
"Michael / WisDoc's bio, like those of many Flickrites and Utatans, shows a modesty that is not warranted by his accomplished body of work. Reviewing his photos, one finds a keen eye for form and perspective (particularly in the Milwaukee Art Museum shots), a love of bold colors in nature and in photographic experiments (particularly Orange Explosion!), and an appreciation of nature throughout the four seasons we enjoy in the Midwest. He exposes the appeal of a fall day in downtown Madison, the attractive vistas he encounters on his commutes around Wisconsin, and the shocking glare of a threatening baboon in Africa. He shows a consistent ability to compose photos interestingly, and to expose them—particularly his moving water shots—to heighten the impact of his work. We see his yellow lab Ramona at play and at rest, get a glimpse of his passions for baseball, medicine, and music, and most recently, share the joy of his new daughter Sierra. I, for one, look forward to seeing more of his work."
7th December, 2006
"Michael has a talented photographic eye, allowing him to convey scenes from an ocean away, a state away, or a block away in such an interesting light that one is compelled to study his pictures. Architecture, landscape, action, or still life, it is all what the Doctor orders. He sees luminosity, saturation, and contrast creatively and accurately, rendering technically- and aesthetically-pleasing images time and time again.
Moreover, Michael lives just a couple hours away, uploading quality images of places and landmarks near and dear to many Wisconsinites; places that are accessible and interesting.
Finally, he is kind--always having positive input and warm words for shooters from around the world. Thank you for being such a great friend, Michael!"
10th September, 2006
shirl shootin' life says:
"I believe I first stumbled onto Michael's photostream through a sunflower shot he had in Explore. That was some time ago. When I read his profile, he reminded me of my husband in that he had enjoyed photography since he was a kid. I am so thrilled to have found him because he is a warm and kind man. He has been such an encourager! I feel blessed to know him, not just because of his encouragement to me, but also because of the beauty I find in his photostream every day. He has such a wonderful eye and shoots pics that speak to the heart. I especially love his touching violin shots. Thanks Michael!"
9th September, 2006
"Other than being a fantastic photographer whom I look up to, he has a very interesting personality… Look at his photo stream… everything is bright, creative and vivid… I always refer to him as “WISE DOC” instead of wisdoc!"
28th April, 2006
"WisDoc has become my "FAVORITE" photographer on Flickr. His shots are very artistic and professional even though he says he isn't. His choices of shots vary and It's always an adventure to visit his site and see what he can do next...and I'm never disapointed. Not only is he a professional photographer but this man has a heart...and it shows by his gentle encouraging remarks and never does he not have the time to acknowledge you and your comments. A true gentleman, artist and now I really feel I've found a good friend. Thank you Michael for all your encouragement, and may your talent always be an encouragement and inspriation to all who see it.......Terry aka scotbig"
20th March, 2006
- June 2005
- Madison, Wisconsin, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken