My name is Sarai. I've always been in to photography, but I hadn't actually started taking pictures until the mid of 2007. I am self taught.
Photography is my new found passion and obsession. I think about it ALL the time. I can't seem to get enough of it. I feel that it helps me to get away from everything. But at the same time it also excites me, it gives me an opportunity to express myself in a different way. It opens up a portal through which I can portray all my emotions and thoughts. And more importantly, it gives me a way to honor the memory of my brother Ismael who I love and miss dearly.
I'm a very easy going person. I'm very silly and I laugh a lot. I believe in treating others as I'd like to be treated, so I'll always treat you with respect. I'm interested in all kinds of art forms. I love reading. I speak both English and Spanish, so feel free to speak in either one.
Para todos aquellos que solo hablan Espanol, sientanse libres de usar solo Espanol conmigo. Es mi primer idioma. :)
I want to thank everyone who has encouraged me. All of them, family and friends, you guys know who you are. I love you guys.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nikon 18-135mm f/3.5 - f/5.6 DX Zoom-Nikkor lens(kit lens)
Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 G AF Lens.
Nikon AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8D Lens
*Nikon 85mm f/1.8
Minolta XG7 with a MD Rokkor-X 50mm 1:1.4 lens
ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control
I love Polaroids. Here is a list of Polaroid cameras I own:
Polaroid One Step 600
Polaroid One Step Close Up
Polaroid Pronto RF
Polaroid Autofocus 660
Photoshop CS3 Extended (thanks Chris ) and I'm self taught.
On my wish list
*Sigma Telephoto 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF
* A good tripod, preferbly a carbon fibre one(I need it!)
snowfall1127 bought me my second Pro Account. Thank you! :D
Bill bought me my first Pro Account and I'm so very grateful to him for it.
Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)
Unfortunately, I have to add this. If you don't have any photos available for viewing, belong to too many creepy groups, faves are all of children or your photostream has pornographic images I will block you.
Do NOT use any of my images without my written permission.
Some of my manipulations are available for prints but through Deviantart.com only. If you're interested, please click here.
- Evoking You 31,290 photos, 3,084 members
- Beth Armsheimer Textures 448 photos, 430 members
- Pixy Actions & Presets 25 photos, 118 members
- Clichés are fun 667 photos, 239 members
- Mood Swings 83 photos, 28 members
- Jump Friday 306 photos, 140 members
- WoaH ♥ Resources(actions & textures) 1,548 photos, 1,242 members
- the thrift shop 680 photos, 184 members
- Just backs 1,900 photos, 627 members
- B Square 292,994 photos, 9,547 members
- Get Me Inspired 67 photos, 356 members
- Mr. Moog's 52 Weeks Emporium 1,515 photos, 424 members
- Dip-It-Thursday 1,448 photos, 701 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,875 photos, 4,846 members
- Nadia-Stalgic (Textures) 97 photos, 167 members
- Apples & Sisters Resources 1,306 photos, 1,325 members
- *Tagged* Back to the Future 258 photos, 283 members
- How would YOU edit this? 231 photos, 650 members
- Bright Fizz Actions 51 photos, 21 members
- *the maternal lens* 30,222 photos, 2,191 members
- Art and soul 2,398 photos, 240 members
- Purple Mafia 1,019 photos, 267 members
- coffee and such 1,485 photos, 308 members
- the beauty of black&white. 1,990 photos, 557 members
- ◄◄ Rewind: Retro and Vintage Love 31,794 photos, 2,413 members
- Life's Colourful Canvas Textures / Overlays 440 photos, 287 members
- Only A Fading Conception 1,815 photos, 1,447 members
- Bokeh with Flowers 16,644 photos, 935 members
- The Perfect Meaning/ Only Invited- Comment 2 1,183 photos, 183 members
- The Moulin Rouge (sweeper, 15+ faves, 3 comments) 11,479 photos, 1,791 members
- The Temple Of Aphrodite 1,457 photos, 652 members
- *** Mary's style *** INVITED IMAGES ONLY - COMMENT ON 2 *** 1,030 photos, 214 members
- Monochrome Monday 4,262 photos, 433 members
- K. Lane Actions & Presets 400 photos, 663 members
- Like a movie 1,465 photos, 285 members
- Ishtexture 770 photos, 927 members
- Themed Thursday - [5th March is Mona Lisa] 44 photos, 157 members
- Whispery White Wednesday 4,100 photos, 821 members
- Session secrets 490 photos, 1,530 members
- Flare Fridays 8,817 photos, 1,645 members
- Happy MondYay (we have coffee. also? pastries.) 2,761 photos, 475 members
- totally textures 98,173 photos, 9,247 members
- Mulletgod's Action-A-Plenty Free Photoshop Actions! 833 photos, 779 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,079 photos, 2,060 members
- For the Love of Naturey Crap 1,821 photos, 164 members
- Polaroid Generator 455 photos, 77 members
- 24/7 Bokeh Life "We have four winners!!!" 65,037 photos, 4,428 members
- Bokeh & D.o.F. 15,916 photos, 461 members
- Christmas Countdown Challenge 2008 378 photos, 56 members
- Toy with us! 11,406 photos, 1,131 members
You might not know this but you are a true inspiration to me both in life and in art. You are courageous, strong, caring and kind - traits that one day will allow you and all of us to explore that which we fear the most.
Sarai is also gifted in her captures and manipulations, she is willing to share her talent with all those who wish to learn. This is the special quality which makes Sarai a wonderful and endearing flickr friend. She embodies the motto "sharing is caring." I love your artistry Sarai, keep it coming and keep on keeping us inspired!!
11th November, 2009
"Not only is Sarai an outstanding photographer she is also an outstanding digital artist. Her work encapsulates a sense of beauty that has been truly inspiring to me and has been an influence in developing my own style. And she's just a really nice person, always willing to lend advice.
I love your style Sarai. Thank you for your encouragement and keep up the fantastic work!"
8th November, 2009
"I've been meaning to write a testimonial for Sarai for soh long, but never really got around to writing it..Anyhow here goes! :)
Sarai is one of the most generous, compassionate and sweet people I’ve come across on flickr. She is a beautiful person with a gift from God; to connect with people with her empathetic approach or a thoughtful gesture. Her gentle personality shines through her photography/ Digital art. And “Modesty” should be her nick name! :)
I admire her not only for her amazing talent but also for her unprecedented persona. She is a fighter. She is someone who knows how to face her fears even if that means by taking baby steps. I don’t know her personally but this is what I see her as when I sail through her gorgeous photo-stream.
Sarai, I wish you all the best for future endeavors and want you to know that you’re a gem of person and then a photographer who just makes everybodys’ day by her lovely photography & digital art!
Keep smiling and rocking flickr! \m/
24th August, 2009
♥ Mourning The Sea♥ says:
"I've been following Sarai's stream now for awhile and her work never ceases to amaze me! She is creative and talented and her photos are filled with life and love. Her work is a total inspiration to me and I know many others!!!!"
3rd July, 2009
"sarai is a great teacher ...
she's taught herself a lot ...
stronger than she thinks ...
always gentle and kind ...
she's quite the find ..."
20th June, 2009
"i instantly fell in love with Sarai WoaH Photography. the compositions are heartfelt and beautifully done. they give me goosebumps. come back often to experience this amazing work!"
1st June, 2009
"Yay, I can write her a testimonial! ;)
Okay, Sarai is one of the best contacts ever, she's SO lovely and kind!! And her images.. well have a look at her stream.. she's So talented & her images are simply cute! haha! and i think that's not only my opinion... people who think her images arent cool are STUPID! Well, i love you sarai, and this was my testimonial :)"
19th April, 2009
"Sarai is so sweet. I love her photos. And I love how she post information on other photographers. And did I mention she is so sweet?"
17th April, 2009
"Sarai quickly has become one of my favorite flickr contacts to follow. She has improved so much in such a short time that it's hard to believe ;) Seems like her talent has no limits, she does amazing people and portrait as well as bokeh shots. Lately she has started doing photo manipulations and I'm such a huge fan of her work, it's inspiring and thoughtful.
She is also providing free textures and brushes that are so pretty and useful for many many people including me :) Thanks for that!!!
But she's not only a great artist, she is a warmhearted, loyal and adorable person. I am so glad that I've found her here on Flickr. It almost feels like we are friends although we are an ocean apart (how cheesy *lol*).
Seriously, I love you girl! You rock!!!
Keep up the great work
30th March, 2009
"Sarai, thank you for being such a huge inspiration... your photography is superb but I especially love your recent voyage into the world of manipulations, they are truly wonderful! You have made me want to try them... so expect emails begging for advice. :) Also, thank you for your constant support and friendship, you make this a better place for me and no-doubt hundreds and thousands of others. One request, no more cutlery on Friday 13th please. :-D Much love, Claire xoxo"
14th March, 2009
"Sarai is one of the few who consistently inspires me to do better. Seeing the images she creates drives me to look again at what opportunities I may have missed in my own search. Inspriational is not really strong enough a word. Natural talent indeed :)
27th February, 2009
Lauren Withrow says:
"this girl's manipulations are fabulous. end of story. and her creativity is astounding. I look forward to seeing what ever else you decide to do.
keep up the awesome work, Sarai"
26th February, 2009
"Sarai is such a talented photographer... whether it's portraits, nature shots, or - as she's explored lately - digital manipulations... she always shares such gorgeous pieces of art! Above all this, Sarai is a beautiful and warm person. I'm so glad we're Flickr friends!"
18th February, 2009
"Sarai's manipulations make a photographer dream! I truly hope she continues to look inside her dreams and create gorgeous ART for us to be smitten with."
9th February, 2009
A beautiful woman inside and out. She always leaves me the best comments and she is really sweet. Keep flickring girl...we need your kinda talent on here :)"
17th January, 2009
"I'm writing this because Sarai paid me to err well not really she's broke. :`( Firstly I want to say, sincerity is a rare treasure that you want to hold on to tightly if you so happen to find it amidst the sea of pretence. Her intent, passion & creativity resonates powerfully through her work delving from the bottom of her heart. Sarai, I know you will find the strength to face those demons that are in your life. If nothing else, remember this. "When all is said and done, more is said than done." and this "Nothing is impossible, Impossible is nothing.""
7th January, 2009
"Sarai is a special person and gifted artist.
She has the talent to take pictures with the heart, not only with eyes.
In every picture of her you can feel emotions and a deep passion for the world. I love being one of her friends and having Sarai like one of my favourite!"
15th November, 2008
flightless bird says:
"Sarai tends to leave me completely spellbound and in awe. her photographs are sort of like a waking dream, a life in which i just want to continually delve into and hold my breath thankfully. Absolutely talented, in so many more ways than the lens of a camera."
8th November, 2008
"her photos are absolutely gorgeous and dreamy. they take me to another land that i can explore and amaze at. i am soo looking forward to seeing her future photos!"
14th October, 2008
yuhsuan chen says:
"Sarai , my sweet friend, she is a wonderful photographer, very talented and creative. Her bokeh shots are so cool and surprise me every time. I am so glad to be her friend."
27th September, 2008
"Sarai is amazing! She's the nicest person you'll ever meet, ever, and she's a GREAT photographer. She can turn anything into a piece of art. I wish I could think of more to say... but there just aren't enough words to describe her wonderfulness. Just remember her name, because one day everybody in the world will know it. =]"
17th July, 2008
Orender Photography says:
"I think that silver does have a unquie way of capturing pictures, along with her poems that makes her photography beautiful artwork ... Even I think that maybe someday she will probably get her worked published either in a book or magazine... I just want to say Keep up the good work that you do Silver, I'm sure that your brother is smiling from heaven .."
7th March, 2008
- June 2007
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Self-taught Photographer/Digital Artist