It is never about the picture in the bag, it is always the anticipation of the next picture!
Flickr is not my only photo site, so I might not always comment, just because of time constraints.
Groups - I might add my pictures to groups that I am invited too, if possible, but I will not pursue too many groups, again due to time constraints. Please do not invite me to a post 1 award X group.
The above measurements are for me in order to survive, and still utilize the fantastic facilities here on Flickr.
Passed sixty, passionate about nature, birding and photography. Both my wife and I are birders, but not twitchers.
All photographs in my photo stream are the exclusive intellectual property of Callie de Wet and are protected under South African and international copyright laws. The intellectual property MAY NOT BE DOWNLOADED except by normal viewing process of the browser. The intellectual property may not be copied to another computer, transmitted, published, reproduced, stored, manipulated, projected, or altered in any way, including without limitation any digitization or synthesizing of the images, alone or with any other material, by use of computer or other electronic means or any other method or means now or hereafter known, without the written permission of Callie de Wet and payment of a fee or arrangement thereof. No images are within Public Domain. Use of any image as the basis for another photographic concept or illustration is a violation of copyright. The author vigorously protects copyright interests.
Nikon D70 (sold)
Nikon D80 (sold)
Nikon D200 (sold)
Nikon D300 2X (sold)
Nikon D300S (sold)
Nikon D700 (sold)
Nikon D3S (sold)
Nikon D600 (sold)
Nikkor 18-70 (sold)
Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR DX (sold)
Nikkor AF -S 16-35mm f/4G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor AF -S 24 - 120 F/4G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G VR IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 200-400mm f/4G VR IF-ED
Nikkor AF-S 400mm f/2.8G VRII IF-ED (sold)
Nikkor AF-S 600mm f/4.G VRII IF-ED
Nikkor 105 VR-S F/2.8 Micro
SD9 Battery pack for SB900
SB200 Kit (sold)
1.4 X TC
2 X TC
Benro "wimberley type" head
Manfrotto Tripod and beanbags.
Sigma 10-20 WA (sold)
- World`s Nature Gallery 22,152 photos, 1,862 members
- Love South Africa 12,761 photos, 794 members
- True African Wildlife Photography 8,316 photos, 312 members
- Africa 195,942 photos, 9,804 members
- Pictures of South Africa 18,758 photos, 929 members
- Avibase 48,157 photos, 822 members
- wild through my eyes... 8,187 photos, 345 members
- Dog Days! 33,367 photos, 6,174 members
- Dogs for fun Photos :-) 37,606 photos, 4,712 members
- Birds in flight only!!! 15,857 photos, 636 members
- South African Wildlife 7,862 photos, 320 members
- Nikon South Africa 4,691 photos, 108 members
- DM's Lair 11,449 photos, 581 members
- Gauteng 3,942 photos, 226 members
- World Wildlife Showcase (By invitation only) 2,273 photos, 235 members
- Cheetah, mother nature's masterpiece! 2,995 photos, 696 members
- Animalpedia 10,358 photos, 143 members
- Macro shot (flowers only) 19,892 photos, 1,867 members
- Bird Perfect/Each Photo By Invite Only 10,759 photos, 2,042 members
- Wild animals in action (WAIA) 17,136 photos, 845 members
- Birds of Africa 22,508 photos, 912 members
- Avian Photography 75,726 photos, 2,211 members
- The World Of The Kingfisher 4,017 photos, 419 members
- All Kingfishers 9,657 photos, 1,171 members
- Magnificent Southern African Wildlife 5,833 photos, 428 members
- Golden Hour!! 43,339 photos, 6,485 members
- SNAKES 20,389 photos, 3,075 members
- African leopards 534 photos, 130 members
- Sunbirds 656 photos, 93 members
- Owls 33,490 photos, 6,226 members
- Lake Panic (Kruger National Park) 640 photos, 48 members
- Chiroptera (Bats) 1,907 photos, 553 members
- Northern Cape Province - South Africa 880 photos, 68 members
- kruger park roads 601 photos, 86 members
- Born Free, Living Free 90,397 photos, 2,711 members
- Fieldguide to the Butterflies of Africa 3,138 photos, 221 members
- Motorcycles 113,017 photos, 9,160 members
- Birds of Southern Africa 16,391 photos, 833 members
- South African Photographers Network 17,831 photos, 443 members
- @ Large and Out of Africa 20,365 photos, 642 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises 3,688 photos, 330 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES (2/day) 66,647 photos, 8,257 members
- *TEAM NIKON 14,471 photos, 881 members
- Lion (Panthera leo) only 10,529 photos, 1,613 members
- Rusty cars and other things 11,098 photos, 791 members
- KNP 5,908 photos, 660 members
- *Animal Photography* 441,031 photos, 21,787 members
- Wild Owls 4,036 photos, 402 members
- Grasshoppers 3,764 photos, 1,066 members
- The Best: BRAVO (INVITED images only) 60,852 photos, 7,640 members
"Sinds enige tijd ken ik het werk van Callie.Ik heb de tijd genomen om (bijna)al zijn foto's te bekijken.
En wat ik zag aan foto's deed mijn mond open vallen van verbazing.
Nimmer heb ik zulke mooie foto's gezien,en geloof me ik heb er veel gezien!
Wat Callie maakt is van een ongelooflijke kwaliteit.
Zoals hij het licht kan vangen heb ik nog nooit eerder gezien .
Op een manier waardoor de dieren zo mooi uitkomen.
Ik hoop dat Callie ooit een fotoboek maakt.Ik zal de eerste zijn om er een te bestellen!
Mensen moeten de natuur respecteren en ik hoop dat het werk van Callie veel mensen zal inspireren tot het maken van mooie natuurfoto's en tot het besef dat de natuur geweldig mooi is en moet blijven.
Waarom?Kijk naar de foto's van Callie en je weet waarom!"
11th October, 2007
Nature Photographer says:
"It would be the easiest to write a testimonial for someone I have met in person. Therefore Callie is my first.
I met Callie a couple of years ago after we have become cyber-friends on a photo website. When I met him I had just acquired my first camera and I was amazed at the photos he submitted. As our friendship progressed I came to see that this man in not only the quality photographer that all of you can judge for yourselves but a true "Naturalist" in every sense. (..spiders excluded).
His love for nature shows in his art. He is a walking encyclopedia with animal facts and very interesting to be with.
Even though he is my friend, I can not refer to him without the word "mentor" comming to mind."
23rd February, 2006
"Wild Images is not just a nickname or an avatar; it is the symbol and incarnation of "wildness" presented with the highest artistic endeavor.
For those who are amazed by the photos of National Geographic, expect to experience similar amazement here. I am really impressed by two things Callie (Wild Images) taught me: the wonder of a place and how to embody that place through art."
23rd February, 2006
"One of the best, if not the best bird photographer I've come across ever. Perhaps with stiff competition from his fellow friend Nature Photographer. The pictures are all breathtaking and with great technical skill. Very careful with his composition, lighting and background. Browse and learn!"
14th February, 2006
- Callie de Wet
- February 2006
- Egoli, Gauteng
- I am:
- Male and Taken