I'm a Dutch woman, living in Asia for the past 12 years of my 38 years on this planet. Always see myself as a citizen of the world, but hey, you need to live somewhere :) and I chose Asia as my home base.
I love traveling, nature, hiking, swimming, arts, cultures, and have a thing for languages.
Professionally I'm in the IT field, running my own little software consultancy business, and trying to get more involved in the education industry. I'm doing the final year of my studies in Instructional Design & Technology to certified in the education field. Love teaching and do it for the past 8 years as a volunteer on Sunday's teaching a computer class in a temple for the less fortunate.
About my photography hobby:
Bought my first SLR in 1997 and was hooked to the world of cameras and visual imaging. That was a full manual Pentax, second hand, back in Amsterdam where I lived at the time. Did a beginners course to learn the bare basics and other than that I'm fully self-taught in photography.
Went traveling for 3 months through China, Pakistan, Tibet, Nepal back in 1999 and bought a new second hand SLR, the Canon EOS 50E, with a Sigma 24-200mm lens to have a good all-rounder. Was shooting slides at the time and still want to find a way to convert them to digital.
In 2000 I moved to Singapore to work and live there. Still in Singapore now, after some short "stop-overs" in China. In 2001 I bought my first digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 995 - at the time DSLR's were beyond my budget. My Coolpix gave up on me in 2006 and I bought my first DSLR: Canon 30D with Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens. Again a good all-rounder. There are still items on my wish list to add on to the camera - but overall quite happy with it. Now I have the Canon EF-L 24-105mm f/4-5.6 IS and love this lens as my main lens!
In 2007 I also bought a Canon G7, with Ikelite housing and strobe, to satisfy my itch to capture the beautiful world underwater. Still trying to learn how to do that better and not much time to go diving lately. But using the G7 sometimes for my travels in the region as well, as it is easier to carry around, especially when going hiking.
I'm using my flickr mainly to showcase the pictures that I personally like and think are worthy of displaying here.
If you would like to use any of my pictures, feel free to do so if it is for non-commercial purposes and with mentioning of my name: Bianca Polak. Appreciate to get the URL or a copy of the print if possible, kindly let me know by dropping me an email that you are using my photo.
If it is for commercial purposes, please contact me what you intend to use it for and I'll be happy to give you permission on a case-by-case basis.
For my photo albums by theme / holiday / outings see:
check this out, my flickr dna :)
This work is licenced under a
Creative Commons Licence.
Photos of whitecat sg (2)
- World Monuments Watch 551 photos, 105 members
- Canon EOS 60D Owners' Club 168,813 photos, 5,691 members
- Trash Photography Group 313 photos, 66 members
- Portrait vs. Nature Looking for Mods! email admin for mod statu 586 photos, 217 members
- Akha people 1,273 photos, 72 members
- Marina Bay SG 13,931 photos, 673 members
- Route to the Mountains 2,177 photos, 147 members
- UNIFIED Challenge Admin testground 7 photos, 47 members
- DIVE Thailand 195 photos, 124 members
- Tree Photos 115,357 photos, 8,122 members
- The Challenge Group Game 15,581 photos, 2,909 members
- Frogfish Photography - underwater images 38,036 photos, 1,156 members
- FiNS Group 53,983 photos, 1,480 members
- Singapore Heritage 3,042 photos, 4 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 110,924 photos, 7,236 members
- 中国国家地理/Chinese National Geography 43,393 photos, 1,783 members
- Facebook.com Canon Digital Photography 14,851 photos, 2,448 members
- STREETART 546,100 photos, 28,000 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 184,946 photos, 10,086 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 493,598 photos, 45,089 members
- Creative Photo Group_ BASIC (P1-C3) 485,478 photos, 29,112 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 123,348 photos, 8,835 members
- Bottles 9,217 photos, 1,852 members
- Flickr Challenge Group! 20,838 photos, 5,614 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 155,719 photos, 10,988 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 187,675 photos, 12,672 members
- Amazing mountain landscape 11,049 photos, 618 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 264,137 photos, 16,107 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #1 ☆ Bronze. Post 1, Award 5. (Sweeper) 952,810 photos, 39,307 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,155,765 photos, 73,714 members
- Nokia N82 User Group 7,256 photos, 678 members
- Singapore 166,757 photos, 6,052 members
- Singapore Images 122,435 photos, 5,390 members
- 100+ COMMENT GROUP **(P1/A2) 36,961 photos, 4,104 members
- Wonderful world of flowers (P1/A2) 93,514 photos, 6,965 members
- Just Clouds P1/ A2 ** INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!!**Post 1 Award 2. 20,919 photos, 3,081 members
- Best of Indonesia 22,566 photos, 1,577 members
- "The Elite of Flickr's Awesome Blossoms (ADMIN INVITED ONLY)" 26,453 photos, 2,701 members
- Gold Star Award - Level 1 (p1/a5) 563,471 photos, 46,484 members
- "Flickrs Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 269,043 photos, 13,365 members
- Macro Photography 311,572 photos, 36,605 members
- Butterfly Gallery - P1 C1 Please 118,426 photos, 14,637 members
- Butterflies 127,997 photos, 12,926 members
- Butterfly Beauty 104,735 photos, 10,154 members
- The Flower Basket *Post 1 - Award 3* *Sweeper Active* 92,152 photos, 7,598 members
- Ocean Sunfish (Mola Mola) 409 photos, 95 members
- Chinese Food 39,340 photos, 2,906 members
- Beginners, hoping for Feedback 350,433 photos, 12,383 members
- Sky 206,983 photos, 13,100 members
- Images On Blue 8,301 photos, 1,959 members
whitecat sg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- October 2007
- Willemstad (Netherlands)
- Singapore, singapore
- I am:
- bianca's photos
- Yahoo! IM:
- MSN Messenger:
- biapol [at] hotmail.com