This is the result of rummaging through 45+ years of photography and / or picture taking. As such they represent the whim of the day as far as order goes. Some of these are salvaged from less than perfect efforts, but that is part of the process and makes them no less pertinent. A lot are low resolution from oddball little toys of the digital age.
My images are taken with a variety of cameras from a Kodak 127 Brownie and a 1918 Kodak Autographic to a Pentax Spotmatic in the earlier film years and a Casio QV70, Yashica Samurai, Olympus C2500, and CaninS1 in the digital mode (safely on the trailing edge of technology) . A Canon Rebel T1i is my "big boy" DSLR plus a lot with a Vistaquest VQ1005 or VQ1015 (the little camera that could) and a a variety of other toy digitals. If it can capture light it's worth a try.
Exploring the Flickr concept is rather like a treasure hunt with something for everyone. In a way it is a photo stream of consciousness. There is so much talent out there to see and so many super ideas to inspire. My images are of this, that and the other ... or mostly the other (i.e. whatever catches my eye in a given moment).
Some of my images I like now more than when I took them and some less and some have the potential to be more digitally. I am still exploring a large box of negatives and taking new things as well.
I don't blog so flickr is my visual blog. :)
For a more geocentric look at photography look at:
Or the word and pictures thing at the link below.
Lately I have been using minimal digital cameras. They have produced some interesting results and a few have wandered into the explore pages.
Resolution isn't a limit and in fact low resolution images can be more interesting than many mega-pixels. Sometimes the image is more about colors and forms than anything else. Conventional rules of composition sometimes get in the way. I find the best rule is to keep it simple (as much as possible).
"The best camera you can have is the one that is with you at the moment." - Me
Check it out.
I have found my images on multiple web pages. Most are non commercial.
My Creative Commons Copyright states : Attribution, Noncommercial, No Derivative Works on all of my flickr images.
If you use my images please ask about use, properly credit and link back to me. Drop me an e-mail to ask. In most instances I have no problem with use.
They are NOT public domain. Just ask.
Some of the users I have found are listed here: Users
- DMA Face Time 217 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Groups Preview 112 photos, 508 members
- Less 1,641 photos, 134 members
- MoreThanMeetsTheEye 43 photos, 36 members
- The Rustiest Stuff In The World, Just Got Rustier 6,313 photos, 632 members
- B Square 293,408 photos, 9,552 members
- Seeing Red? 285 photos, 47 members
- 3D Anaglyph Red/Cyan and 3D crossview pictures! 3,691 photos, 170 members
- Kidd Springs Central 48 photos, 4 members
- Camera-wiki.org 61,823 photos, 1,505 members
- Less Is More... 37,275 photos, 37,720 members
- Less is more 28,988 photos, 1,567 members
- Elite Bugs 4,211 photos, 329 members
- Project Flickr 12,365 photos, 454 members
- Bugs Group 28,843 photos, 2,482 members
- The "Night" Life 625 photos, 88 members
- DBOLRL: Swift Kick 116 photos, 30 members
- Literary Reference in Pictures: post one, comment one (or two!) 31,176 photos, 1,988 members
- Grass 9,743 photos, 1,822 members
- Rhymes with orange 657 photos, 168 members
- Vistaquest 1,023 photos, 175 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 337,905 photos, 23,267 members
- 2:1 Ratio 39 photos, 6 members
- Knots Around the World ( P1/C1) 2,421 photos, 339 members
- DBOLRL: Almost 248 photos, 18 members
- Binocam Torture 18 photos, 5 members
- Toytography 11,944 photos, 340 members
- Lo-Fi Eye 19,518 photos, 593 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,189,070 photos, 24,305 members
- Dallas Love Field 1,985 photos, 58 members
- Paths (Caminhos) POST , COMMENT & INVITE PLEASE 83,544 photos, 7,770 members
- WALLS Only WALLS ! 30,654 photos, 6,540 members
- PegasusNews DFW 6,910 photos, 311 members
- Strange Skies - Augost Contest - VOTATION 7,983 photos, 1,832 members
- Captured Image (1 Fave + 1 Post) 2,742 photos, 789 members
- Photopol.us 7,376 photos, 321 members
- New glasses: a new way to look at things. 88 photos, 53 members
- Something Blue (Only Blue) 300,461 photos, 34,820 members
- Low Res (Digital Is Not Dead!!) 2,775 photos, 351 members
- Dallas Urban History 760 photos, 213 members
- Volkswagen Bugs 6,540 photos, 688 members
- The Urban Jungles 84,693 photos, 7,727 members
- Lo-Fi Makes Good Artists! (post1 - comment 1/invite 1) 4,377 photos, 288 members
- DBOLRL: I'm a LOSER baby, so why don't you kill me? 1,494 photos, 55 members
- RSOTG 114 photos, 16 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 103,548 photos, 3,353 members
- The Little Bighorn and Custer 366 photos, 46 members
- Poems, Pixels, & Prose! 9,228 photos, 812 members
- Abstract Photography, Art and More... 101,438 photos, 8,636 members
- DBOLRL: Clean Sweeps 1,386 photos, 64 members
"I think that half of the picture is made by the photographer, but the other half is made by the one who is seeing the picture, the one who understands it, the one who "enters" into the picture and feels it, Jack es great at both sides, great pictures, and always resumes the feeling of others' pictures in one little phrase which describes not just the images but the moment taken on a picture."
19th February, 2005
"Funnily enough this is the first chance I've had to see a lot of my dad's work in one place. I've been showing it to all my friends, who are similarly impressed!"
11th January, 2005
- Jack Keene
- August 2004
- Oak Cliff, Dallas, Texas, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken