Wayne National Forest's photostream Pro User
The Wayne National Forest is located in the hills of south-eastern Ohio. In the heart of the heavily populated Midwest, this small national forest covers almost a quarter million acres of Appalachian foothills.
The Wayne is divided into three blocks administered by two Ranger Districts at Athens and Ironton. A field office is also located east of Marietta, Ohio.
Visitors to national forest lands are welcome to camp, hike, hunt and fish. The Forest boundaries surround a checkerboard pattern of ownership, with public and private ownership interspersed.
There are over 300 miles of trails on the Forest for hiking, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riding, mountain biking, or horseback riding.
All images in the Wayne National Forest photostream are in the Public Domain. We ask that you attribute the Forest for any images you use for non-commercial purposes.
Wayne National Forest's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- National Wildlife Federation's Trees for Wildlife 367 photos, 22 members
- Ohio Historical Society Group 2,289 photos, 184 members
- www.Recovery.gov 418 photos, 129 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 302 photos, 150 members
- ATV's - Four Wheeling 3,396 photos, 624 members
- Ohio 61,702 photos, 2,024 members
- Appalachian Counties in Ohio 3,897 photos, 116 members
- North Country Trail (NCT) 224 photos, 25 members
- Soul of Athens (Ohio) 608 photos, 134 members
- U.S. National Forests 14,704 photos, 977 members
- Smokey Bear's Flickr Group 138 photos, 127 members
Wayne National Forest doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2009