The Wayne National Forest is located in the hills of south-eastern Ohio. In the heart of the heavily populated Midwest, this small national forest covers almost a quarter million acres of Appalachian foothills.
The Wayne is divided into three blocks administered by two Ranger Districts at Athens and Ironton. A field office is also located east of Marietta, Ohio.
Visitors to national forest lands are welcome to camp, hike, hunt and fish. The Forest boundaries surround a checkerboard pattern of ownership, with public and private ownership interspersed.
There are over 300 miles of trails on the Forest for hiking, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riding, mountain biking, or horseback riding.
All images in the Wayne National Forest photostream are in the Public Domain. We ask that you attribute the Forest for any images you use for non-commercial purposes.
Wayne National Forest's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- National Wildlife Federation's Trees for Wildlife 412 photos, 30 members
- Ohio Historical Society Group 2,648 photos, 194 members
- www.Recovery.gov 426 photos, 130 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 355 photos, 165 members
- ATV's - Four Wheeling 3,424 photos, 633 members
- Ohio 64,864 photos, 2,057 members
- Appalachian Counties in Ohio 4,257 photos, 118 members
- North Country Trail (NCT) 244 photos, 25 members
- Soul of Athens (Ohio) 635 photos, 134 members
- U.S. National Forests 15,784 photos, 1,024 members
- Smokey Bear's Flickr Group 138 photos, 134 members
Wayne National Forest doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2009