Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 74 photos, 42 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 3,244 photos, 392 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 116,032 photos, 11,387 members
- Experimental Dream 130,628 photos, 6,925 members
- Masks Masks Masks 1,568 photos, 325 members
- surreal photography 143 photos, 402 members
- Surreal Shots 12,886 photos, 1,396 members
- Abstract_ photo (post 1 / com 2) 41,208 photos, 2,117 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 197,002 photos, 12,491 members
- Abstract Black and White 2,790 photos, 534 members
- Seattle Parks 964 photos, 75 members
- Imagination 301,685 photos, 11,616 members
- Whales 8,720 photos, 2,125 members
- Orca Lovers 137 photos, 36 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 764 photos, 196 members
- B&W 3,000,552 photos, 147,802 members
- STRANGE !! 1,068 photos, 414 members
- Something Special... 3,489 photos, 647 members
- masked! 1,119 photos, 208 members
- masked and anonymous 675 photos, 142 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,452 photos, 1,175 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 3,207 photos, 868 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 6,973 photos, 510 members
- cosplay and zentai 234 photos, 102 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 369 photos, 69 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,253 photos, 350 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 1,457 photos, 459 members
- Canon 7D Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 30,909 photos, 1,061 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 9,448 photos, 553 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 5,278 photos, 953 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 2,669 photos, 114 members
- West Seattle 2,799 photos, 193 members
- photographe paradis 295 photos, 76 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 27,799 photos, 9,250 members
- MOON Shots 87,291 photos, 21,726 members
- Moon/Luna 47,021 photos, 14,683 members
- West Seattle Blog 3,035 photos, 231 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 6,175 photos, 599 members
- Superheroes and Villains 4,690 photos, 472 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 19,271 photos, 23,583 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 12,982 photos, 1,110 members
- Clones 18,012 photos, 5,582 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 1,723 photos, 131 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 18,194 photos, 995 members
- Share your work! 247 photos, 11 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 77,621 photos, 8,693 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 4,495 photos, 207 members
- Friday's Lyrical-Imagery (Please check the weekly theme!) 762 photos, 788 members
- Photography-24/7 422 photos, 32 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 34,826 photos, 688 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
4th April, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech
- Walkabout Wolf Photography