Pro-Zak's photostream Pro User
What started as a side-project, photographing my urban exploration trips has taken on a life of its own. I think I've hit a middle ground, where I've become a picture-taking tourist in my own city, although not of everyday touristy things. Not quite street-photography, I describe my pictures as being city-detail oriented. The term 'urban fragment' more than often suits my pictures just fine.
My other goal is to visit places in NYC's 5 boroughs where people rarely venture, and bring back pictures seldom seen by anyone except the locals. If a non-native New Yorker looks at one of my shots and says "That's in NYC!?!", I've succeeded at this task. If a local person can do the same and say "Where the heck is that!?!", I also get a warm fuzzy feeling.
This picture-taking thing is just a hobby; I have a 50-hour workweek, and most often barely have the time to change the battery in my camera before running out the door and sqeezing in another photoshoot.
I'm currently using a Nikon D300, although some older pictures (and occasional hard-to-get new ones) are from my old Nikon D70s or p&s Nikon 4300.
- Leica X1 Bryant Park Grand Photo Safari 407 photos, 44 members
- 2011 Focus on Architecture Competition 128 photos, 82 members
- GWNYC mods 2 photos, 9 members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden Visitors 13,074 photos, 1,004 members
- NYBG Group 18,512 photos, 623 members
- B&H Photo 38,546 photos, 6,025 members
- Seaside Decay 2,978 photos, 440 members
- NYC Exploring / LTV Group 110 photos, 17 members
- “Looking Up” Photography 22,435 photos, 1,011 members
- Weiss/Manfredi 78 photos, 10 members
- 2010 Focus on Architecture Competition 290 photos, 78 members
- 2010 OHNY Weekend 333 photos, 13 members
- Urban Omnibus 79 photos, 59 members
- CHILDREN'S PORTRAITS 588,422 photos, 46,678 members
- **THE FORGOTTEN URBEX CHAIR** 1,775 photos, 148 members
- Mordus de photos Couleurs Sélectives 19,571 photos, 2,689 members
- Light Painting Competitions and Themes 554 photos, 1,163 members
- Bokeh Light (outfocus light) 15,320 photos, 2,161 members
- Wire Wool 4,319 photos, 725 members
- Rochester Challenge 100 photos, 58 members
- Highland Park, Rochester, NY 2,255 photos, 85 members
- Favorites: 500 64 photos, 88 members
- Redheads! 9,935 photos, 5,577 members
- Rochester Architecture 1,597 photos, 142 members
- Fruits and Vegetables (fresh and uncooked) 42,305 photos, 7,345 members
- "Urban Wandering" 26,226 photos, 1,173 members
- FishEye 123,917 photos, 12,650 members
- Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye 13,100 photos, 1,271 members
- Favorites: 150 714 photos, 820 members
- Favorites: 175 249 photos, 472 members
- Favorites: 100 3,953 photos, 2,298 members
- Favorites: 90 880 photos, 1,160 members
- NYC Bellydance 515 photos, 23 members
- Lensbaby 70,918 photos, 9,067 members
- Lensbaby Central Park and Metropolitan Museum Adventure 110 photos, 22 members
- 28 Days Later 65,554 photos, 2,466 members
- Beauty of Decay / Schönheit des Verfalls 46,121 photos, 1,328 members
- URBEX JUNKIES 33,536 photos, 713 members
- 2009 OHNY Focus on Architecture competition 160 photos, 85 members
- NYC HDR 2,305 photos, 118 members
- The Flickr Consulate 1,849 photos, 170 members
- "LAPP" Light Art Performance Photography 6,826 photos, 542 members
- Ellis Island 475 photos, 94 members
- Favorites: 300 791 photos, 316 members
- PhotoJojo.com — [The Best Photo Projects, DIY, and Gear] 42,249 photos, 8,598 members
- The Consolidated City: New York City 1,204 photos, 91 members
- Favorites: 80 1,353 photos, 1,395 members
- Favorites: 250 656 photos, 437 members
- Views: 10000 3,680 photos, 3,031 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 68,956 photos, 10,747 members
"The outstanding quality of Pro-Zak's photography constantly amazes and astounds. The incredible variety of his work alone is enough to keep viewers hungering for more; add to that the talent-rich processing, his eye for a shot and his ability to share his artistic vision and you have nothing less than photographic genius.
'Zak's passion for this art encompasses everyone with whom he interacts. His deep-seated passion for sharing technique, photo-worthy subjects, and to encourage growth among his cohorts makes him a highly sought-after photographic companion. Constantly seeking to push this art into new realms, he thirsts for new and unique challenges. Keep it coming, Pro-Zak!"
11th November, 2009
James Hanlon says:
"In my opinion, the name Timothy (just call me Pro-Zac) Vogel will soon, if not already, be associated with the names of other legends of urban photography. His work is art presented in a compelling and seducing manner that documents the contemporary urban scene with creative grittiness and unrelenting talent that I am sure will inspire many future generations of urban photographers.
Tim's photo-stream will take the viewer into places that go unseen by most New Yorkers! - luckily for all of us, the urban jungle is no match for the determination and drive that this fearless photographer abundantly possesses - that is why you will find his view of life around him as being kinetic, dynamic, poetic, dramatic and, at all times, truly inspiring!!!"
27th July, 2008
"Pro-Zak, the king of Queens. No location where he hasn't been in the NYC area. He really has the ability of finding the most out of the way and secluded locations and captures them with so much enthusiasm that you can simply feel it by looking at his pictures. Can't wait to go back to NYC to go on another Urbex trip. Cheers, Soup."
30th October, 2007
Loon Man says:
"Pro-Zak is almost an activist when it comes to photography, in the sense that he actively searches out new neighborhoods on a regular basis, usually having an idea of what he'll find, but always finding something new. It could be gritty, it could be architectural - - but it's usually great urban photography.
He does not have a cat, and so, no cat shots. I have yet to see a bee in a flower in his stream, either. Nor babies. Those last three are pretty high up on my list of qualifications for a Flickr contact."
2nd August, 2007
Sven Bosman says:
"As a great industrial / urban / port lover its no surprise that i check Pro-Zak's stream every day!
Simply great shots with an eye for details....
The NYC industrial region is very simular with old western Europe cities where i like to shoot.
Keep up the good work!"
19th July, 2006
- Timothy Vogel
- September 2005
- Rochester, NY
- Queens, NY
- I am: