Photo taker, maker of t-shirts, historical researcher, preservation advocate, presenter of symposiums on roadside history and attractions, and a big fan of the road trip.
Please note - My images are not to be used for any purposes without prior permission. Send me a message and we'll get you squared away - I'm pretty easy to work with. :-)
Photos of Vintage Roadside (5)
- Getty Images Call for Artists 442,583 photos, 94,135 members
- Vintage Signs of the Midwest (VSOTM) 1,239 photos, 104 members
- Sign of the Frog (Giant Frogs/Toads and Signage) 99 photos, 233 members
- Mid-Century Modern: The Postcards 304 photos, 40 members
- John & Donald Parkinson, Architects 49 photos, 37 members
- Opal Glass signs 69 photos, 43 members
- Ode to the Road Trip 6,727 photos, 369 members
- Trader Vic's Portland 157 photos, 8 members
- US Route 10 181 photos, 18 members
- The Hukilau 1,404 photos, 95 members
- Vintage Travel Trailers 5,080 photos, 691 members
- Sign of the Horse (Giant Horses & Signage) 268 photos, 222 members
- All Skate! (vintage skating signs) 62 photos, 48 members
- Tastee-Freez 105 photos, 51 members
- Dog n Suds (buildings & signs) 72 photos, 38 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 1,778 photos, 279 members
- Billetproof-worlds least important cars shows 4,685 photos, 52 members
- US Highway 45 45 photos, 10 members
- "Club" Signs 812 photos, 43 members
- Egyptian Revival Architecture 227 photos, 87 members
- Imperial 400 Motels 97 photos, 49 members
- SKATING SIGNS 24 photos, 14 members
- Pure Oil Cottages (gas station buildings) 212 photos, 74 members
- Sign of the Pig (Giant Pigs and Signage) 331 photos, 239 members
- Neon "Extensions" (vintage signs) 437 photos, 96 members
- Historic Wisconsin Buildings 1,420 photos, 93 members
- Sign of the Chicken (Giant Chickens & Signage) 267 photos, 97 members
- *Oregon Vintage Signs ONLY!* 488 photos, 46 members
- Roadside News 376 photos, 97 members
- Indigestion Friday 991 photos, 82 members
- MERCURYS 49-51 ONLY! 355 photos, 159 members
- The Hotrod Life 1,613 photos, 38 members
- Fraternal Organization Signs ONLY ! 961 photos, 136 members
- Neon Objects (vintage signs) 1,591 photos, 185 members
- Roadside Missouri 2,497 photos, 185 members
- US Route 68 76 photos, 20 members
- Retro Roadmap 3,144 photos, 56 members
- Cool Architecture 389 photos, 69 members
- Society for Commercial Archeology 13,856 photos, 428 members
- Proposed School Demolitions 67 photos, 37 members
- Shell Gas Stations (Pre 2000s) 302 photos, 112 members
- Mid-Century Home Brochures and Ephemera 1,288 photos, 383 members
- Let's Bowl! (vintage bowling signs) 780 photos, 181 members
- Vintage Road Maps 1,710 photos, 222 members
- Roadside Iowa 6,153 photos, 309 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 636 photos, 416 members
- Illinois Route 66 1,052 photos, 85 members
- Save the Tonga Room! 173 photos, 72 members
- Minnesota Marvels (Roadside Attractions) 726 photos, 724 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 43,754 photos, 2,446 members
"When I first joined Flickr, I was looking for folks with similar photographic interests.....the old road and all it's colorful and quirky trappings. I was amazed when I visited Vintage Roadside's photostream. The scope and quality of his images are tremendous and I look forward to see what he comes up with next!"
10th February, 2010
"If you like Vintage Roadside ............. well like the name implies you've found the mother lode........... Just a truly amazing collection of great roadside signs and attractions can be found right here from all over America, this type of work takes a lot of time to find, stop and take a quality photo of and you won't be disappointed with the wonderful body of work VR has put together on his stream here at flicker"
19th October, 2009
"Jeff and Kelly are two of my favorite Flickr people. They do an outstanding job of documenting what is rapidly disappearing from the American landscape. I'm constantly checking their photostream to see what they've discovered next. Keep up the excellent work.
And say Hi to Stinky for me."
1st October, 2009
Pete Zarria says:
"I had to write this to express my gratitude to these few photographers who have inspired me so much. These words may seem overblown, I don't know, when one has had the scales removed from their eyes, is there such a thing as too much gratitude?
I call them the "Usual Suspects" since some sort of old movie reference seems in line with the Gestalt of what these few have produced. What they do, what they have done that is important to today and to history. Simple recorders of events and things perhaps, but then so were those who left us the mystery of the petroglyphs. But in these fews efforts something of us and our past are preserved. That's important.
So to Roadsidepictures, who got the ball rolling, Allen, Thanks for making me see with new eyes. To Vintage Roadside, Jeff, you helped me to see and understand why its important. To loungelistner, Gary, thanks, you helped me do it with a new sense of joy. And to SKY✡VU, Jim, you are just an inspiration by simply being. Amazing what this one man has accomplished.
These few, these four led to others who have their own lessons to teach to those who will listen, to those who will "see": Thanks to HappyShooter, Fotoedge, Army.Arch, Julia, Alan of Marion, Dave van Hulsteyn, Dennis Dixon, Joey Harrison. Appreciating this thing called urban or Roadside America is just a big jigsaw puzzle. But I'm having way more fun putting it together."
1st December, 2008
"Wow! I can be the first testimonial for this Master of Sign Collecting! I go to your site everyday and look with envy upon your great collections of vintage material. One day these things will all vanish but your library will keep them alive forever. I am only a few hours north in Seattle and hope to meet you one day. Maybe we can go on a shoot!"
18th November, 2008
- August 2007
- Portland, Oregon
- Vintage Roadside