February 21, 2011: ALL of the images within this account are copyrighted and should be considered intellectual property. If you wish to use my images for any purpose, you must have my permission for it to be legal, otherwise you are stealing. If you are an educational outlet, I generally have no issues with your use of my images if you email me for permission. If you wish to use my images for a commercial purpose, please email me so that appropriate arrangements may be made. If I DO discover stolen images (be it on the web or in print), I will not hesitate to take legal action to recover any losses to which I may be entitled. Thank you all for understanding (I had hoped such a disclaimer might never be necessary!)... :-)
November 11, 2011: On the subject of the Flickr groups that I join and enjoy most, I tend to avoid those groups that utilize a lot of flashy comment/invite/award codes. I find these to be rather impersonal much of the time and such codes tend to litter one's comments, making "real" comments more challenging to sort from the code-clutter. I do occasionally become a member or add to such groups following an invitation but I'd much prefer those groups that invite real human comments and interaction. I enjoy sharing my work and receiving comments as much as any other person (who doesn't, eh?) but I shall always favor quality over quantity. This applies equally to my contacts and I thank each and every one for the inspiration and feedback they provide.
What does "VFR" stand for, since it's obviously not my initials? "Visual Flight Rules"... Tis an aviation term that seemed to apply equally to aerial photography flights, which was the original intent for opening this particular Flickr account to share some of the aerial work. It's obviously expanded a wee bit beyond simply aerial images but the name seems to have stuck much like an airname would have back in my days in radio.
I'm a long-time resident of Clarksville, TN, presently working a civilian transportation contract at Ft. Campbell, going to school to finish my bachelors at night (better late than never, eh?) and shooting aerial photographs whenever my pilot friend and I have the opportunity.
I opened this account at the suggestion of a few that have followed my work via www.panoramio.com/user/2401160 . The images posted on Panoramio should all be posted here now, and I shall also be doing some additional color correction upon a few of those as time permits. The vast majority of my Panoramio images may also be found displayed on Google Earth. Thanks so much for the support from those that have commented and enjoyed my images. Please feel free to comment upon any images that pique your interest and constructive criticism is always welcome, as well!
All of the images within this account were taken by me (with the exception of any shots of myself) and certainly demonstrate the "learning curve" I've endeavored to overcome while using both an Olympus E-1 in the earliest images, and an Olympus E-510 I purchased early in 2008 that is now my full-time digital SLR. Comments are always welcome and appreciated!
By the way, any images relating to my work at Ft. Campbell will be of the most generic nature in both content and any related description in order to play things safe. These images are not the main focus of my sharing and are intended to be artistic in nature only.
- Eastern Railroads 13,149 photos, 240 members
- Neon Signs 93,654 photos, 7,812 members
- Olympus E-System Community 399,783 photos, 10,744 members
- Minolta Collectors Corner 553 photos, 184 members
- Minolta Affair 1,700 photos, 517 members
- FLICKR NATURE 776,107 photos, 14,450 members
- Nature Shots 490,508 photos, 21,527 members
- nature and photography 309,415 photos, 23,234 members
- Towboats 5,434 photos, 115 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 312,275 photos, 19,179 members
- A River Runs Through It 11,510 photos, 724 members
- Tennessee Water 1,305 photos, 62 members
- US Army Corps of Engineers 2,346 photos, 58 members
- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) 276 photos, 34 members
- Corps of Engineers Nashville District 1,522 photos, 19 members
- Dams & Spillways 6,950 photos, 1,346 members
- Cranes 21,626 photos, 2,330 members
- Lockheed Martin F-22 4,115 photos, 548 members
- US Air Force Aviation 33,629 photos, 1,561 members
- USAF 12,877 photos, 340 members
- Tennessee Photographers 45,203 photos, 1,101 members
- Power Stations 8,687 photos, 1,753 members
- Save the Coal Plants 729 photos, 154 members
- Trains in the Fog Day or Night 204 photos, 67 members
- La Mano Amiga1F/2C.Tema : Paisaje. Entrevista:Segunsanmarcos 37,368 photos, 1,542 members
- Best of Cats (Invited Photos only) 63,857 photos, 19,623 members
- Cute Cat 162,011 photos, 12,911 members
- Rural 23,469 photos, 802 members
- Rural Life 11,093 photos, 728 members
- Landscape 813,445 photos, 74,405 members
- Rural and Landscape Beauty 4,525 photos, 169 members
- Rural Photos 24,516 photos, 921 members
- Country Living and Rodeo Photos! Life outside the Big City 16,766 photos, 838 members
- Boat Photography 6,967 photos, 378 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 73,060 photos, 2,314 members
- Natchez Trace Parkway 477 photos, 87 members
- Land Between The Lakes- A Fun Place 248 photos, 29 members
- General Electric [GE] 5,841 photos, 100 members
- CSX Standard Cabs 1,341 photos, 54 members
- Bricking It 460 photos, 25 members
- Golden Hour Rails 2,280 photos, 122 members
- Shots that get you called a RICHARD! 769 photos, 113 members
- Sunrises and it sets 7,929 photos, 483 members
- Favorite Water Reflections Pictures 32,689 photos, 5,117 members
- water reflections!!! 19,199 photos, 1,620 members
- Wet Reflections 185,717 photos, 18,622 members
- Reflections - Αντανακλάσεις 3,627 photos, 618 members
- Reflections 505,694 photos, 44,911 members
- Reflections Of The World 20,329 photos, 2,321 members
- ForestWander Nature Photography Excellence 72,939 photos, 5,809 members
VFR Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Johnnie Welborn Jr.
- February 2010
- Beaumont, Texas
- Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- My Panoramio (Google Earth) images