If you post my photos anywhere, please do not type on them or edit them in any other way, and, obviously, please credit them.
I'm Noukka Signe
I want to capture emotions, I want to tell stories. I want you to either want to be in the moment of photo, or for you to recognize the feeling of the captured moment. I want to make normal things look pretty. I want daily things to touch you.
Most importantly, I want to make you feel when you're looking through my stream.
I am a twenty year-old Communication & Media Design student in the Netherlands,
Canon PowerShot A610,
Canon EOS RebelXTi,
Canon IXUS 80IS,
Canon EOS 60D (Oct 2011)
18-55mm f/3.5 lens,
Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens,
Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens,
Sigma 17-85mm f/2.8-f/4.0
Available for assignments
Frequently Asked Questions
DeviantArt Print store
buy my work on redbubble as postcards, greeting cards, posters, etc. :)
I strongly recommend using my email address if it's important and you really want an answer. FlickR mail tends to be forgotten...
- Your Best Shot 2013 4,865 photos, 6,504 members
- 121clicks 11,058 photos, 3,786 members
- we are drifters 1,143 photos, 312 members
- Wild Young Hearts 1,995 photos, 228 members
- Call for submissions: Unicorn/dream magazine 1,749 photos, 675 members
- Flickr Friday 5,974 photos, 10,139 members
- Euphorìa Magazine 230 photos, 628 members
- Phlearn 17,811 photos, 1,784 members
- 2010 365-ers 143 photos, 46 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 27 photos, 19 members
- We Are The Wild Ones 411 photos, 53 members
- vegetarian-project 4 photos, 26 members
- Fstoppers 54,164 photos, 4,346 members
- Canon Masters 2011 626 photos, 342 members
- 365 Days Project 489,269 photos, 9,075 members
- 30 Day Photography Challenge 658 photos, 191 members
- Listography 315 photos, 104 members
- 52 Weeks 56,462 photos, 5,837 members
- Reflections - Αντανακλάσεις 3,625 photos, 618 members
- Play of Light and Life 1,146 photos, 312 members
- this is how I feel today* 8,095 photos, 543 members
- [ s e l f - p o r t r a i t s ] 101,036 photos, 6,737 members
- Artistic Self-Portraits 192,962 photos, 16,467 members
- warm colors 2,160 photos, 299 members
- its just a dream 28,871 photos, 1,822 members
- the enchanted land 24,609 photos, 1,470 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,263,260 photos, 52,483 members
- anything is ok 42,580 photos, 527 members
- under 21 12,781 photos, 698 members
- young and inspired 117,929 photos, 4,260 members
- Yes, i'm a dreamer. 185,355 photos, 7,484 members
- teen portraits 17,665 photos, 1,958 members
- Simply Silhouettes. 3,788 photos, 637 members
- silhouette 295,109 photos, 40,708 members
- Girl Photographers 797,047 photos, 33,888 members
- Black and White 5,424,416 photos, 265,542 members
- Text It 7,503 photos, 986 members
- word-wise 892 photos, 352 members
- The written word 2,660 photos, 258 members
- Written Words 6,057 photos, 745 members
- Words and Art 16,375 photos, 700 members
- Self Portraits 119,328 photos, 9,814 members
"You are the person on flickr I get most excited about when they upload new photos and I am not just saying that.
(This is obviously not everything I have to say about you and your work, but I felt like putting that out there today.)"
19th May, 2012
I've always wanted to write you a testimonial. I thought it would be a great opportunity to do so after you finished your 365. Because for me you are more than a really great and talented photographer. You supported me throughout my own 365. When you stopped shooting daily (already almost a year ago!) I still tried to finish mine but things just weren't the same. You always supported me when I felt like I got stuck and you never gave up hope that I could and would finish.
I think the biggest difference between us is that you never really stopped taking pictures (nor thought about throwing your camera in the trash). So here's your well-deserved testimonial. I thought I would write it now so you know I support you and your 365, 2.0. And please, Noukka, do never stop taking pictures because what you do is great, beautiful, gorgeous, breathtaking and so much more. I believe in you, with all my heart.
I'll see you around :)"
31st May, 2011
Lana Isabella says:
Your photography is touching this one, special part in me.
The part which reminds me of summer when it rains,
of happiness when I'm crying, of the sweet taste when I eat strawberries and cream..all these wonderful memories are waking up in me when I look at your work. You are so far for your age, keep it up."
19th March, 2011
the poison says:
"I haven't written you a testimonial yet? No way! I wanted to write one ever since I started following you.
You're amazing, so talented. I know people keep telling you that. Because it's true.
You're not only a wonderful photographer, but also such a beautiful model. And you seem to be really nice, too.
I just love your work, it's inexpressible in words.
Please do me a favour and never stop taking pictures. Flickr would be a lot less beautiful without you.
25th March, 2011
Regina Leah says:
"Noukka, you were one of the first photographers I found on Flickr and your pictures literally left me speechless.
I just couldn't understand how somebody could create such wonderful pictures, filled with light, colours, creativity, meaning, thoughts and all of your passion. And be so gorgeous as well.
Now I know how. It's because you are incredibly talented and beautiful on the inside.
Your uploads made me smile or gave me hope. Thank you for every single one.
20th February, 2011
Romy Diepvens says:
"Girl, i don't know what it is but i absolutaly LOVE your pictures, each and every one of them! (i think it has something to do with your beautiful hair, long live redheads! :D) anyway, keep on going, your work is awesome and i wish that someday i'll be as good as you are :)
30th September, 2010
"yayyy! now i can write you a testimonial!!
lksahskajsdhdklsadfsalkfsdalkss < you see that. that. that right there. that, those are the words. discribing your phototicular skills.
so WERE DO I START!?
honestly. i have no bloody idea.
youre photos.. astound me. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM
the lighting, creativity, editing, everything .. is so beyond perfect.
this kid has serious talent.
keep it upp'"
29th September, 2010
Francie Idette says:
"I haven't written a testimonial yet!? How's this possible? Well, dear Noukka, you're such an ispiring person, and all I can say is that your photos are truly amazing, I mean, I'd watch your stream for hours without get bored.
And, like I told you on facebook, I will miss your 365 pretty much, what's important is that you musn't give up. You have a very great talent and so much creativity, you could become a very good photographer, so don't give up. And please keep posting your works everday because I want to see more.
After that, I hope we'll have another chance to chat, and maybe get some advices or just become flickr-friends. =) You're so nice.
And I ask sorry for my probably bad english =)"
15th September, 2010
karen jules says:
"just one of your photos will express more emotions than a million other photos ever will."
7th September, 2010
"Dear fellow red-head,
Your photos truly amaze me everyday. Your ideas are always original, and your talent always shines through now matter what. I anxioiusly await your uploads, and I always know that your pictures will blow me away. Plus, I love your hair :) And I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future."
25th June, 2010
"Your work is so creative. And i love the SOOC feel of most of your photos even if they aren't always SOOC. You use light brilliantly.
And i love your hair color. Always wanted to be a redhead!"
27th April, 2010
unwritten futures says:
"what? nobody ever wrote you a testimonial? you totally deserve more than one because you're really good at what you're doing. I love your photography, the emotion you put in it is incredible! I hope you'll never stop with it because I seriously think you'll go far :)
(oh en ik kwam er net achter dat je nederlandse bent, handig :P)
18th April, 2010
- Noukka Signe
- April 2006
- I am: