The Official Photostream for the Pacific Southwest Region of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
The Pacific Southwest Region includes California, Nevada and the Klamath Basin, in Oregon.
Region 8 was established in 1998 in recognition of the unique natural resource challenges facing California, Nevada and the Klamath Basin. Many of these challenges evolve from the inherently rich biodiversity of this area, coupled with many of the fastest growing communities in the nation. The Pacific-Southwest Region places decision-making at the local level, where managers can best develop partnerships with external groups and organizations that contribute to the conservation of fish, wildlife and plant resources.
We will continue to be a leader and trusted partner in fish and wildlife conservation, known for our scientific excellence, stewardship of lands and natural resources, dedicated professionals, and commitment to public service. Region 8 is headquartered in Sacramento, California.
The Fish and Wildlife Service also maintains an online digital media library at: www.fws.gov/digitalmedia
Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/USFWSPacSWest
USFWS Pacific Southwest Region's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- Get Your Goose On! (at a National Wildlife Refuge) 638 photos, 62 members
- USFWS Best Shots 1,174 photos, 9 members
- USA.gov - Official U.S. Government Photostreams 1,264 photos, 84 members
- High Country News Reader Photos 1,407 photos, 122 members
- USFWS On Flickr 244 photos, 15 members
USFWS Pacific Southwest Region doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Pacific Southwest Region
- September 2010
- California, Nevada, and Klamath Basin in Oregon
- Sacramento, US
- Pacific Southwest Region, USFWS