I'm a hippie from the 60's and I was at Haight-Ashbury during the Summer of Love '67. The semester I graduated from high school (June 1968), both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated and Vietnam was raging. The year before, Israel liberated Jerusalem and freed it for all peoples of all faiths to follow their individual religious beliefs.
Popular groups of my generation were the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Supremes. My favorite radio station today is KRTH 101 (101.1 on the FM dial and you can listen to it here) but my favorite DJ's were always Dick Biondi and Dave Hull the Hullabalooer from AM KRLA in Los Angeles.
I have always been an artist and I have always been a writer. My brain is hyperactive even if my body is L-A-Z-Y. I always have to be opening up the creative outlets, like unhinging my skull and letting my mind wander out there in the cosmos somewhere.
I converted to Judaism in 1975 when I was 25 years old. I have now been a Jew longer than I was ever a Presbyterian. I converted according to the strictest application of halachic law - no "hava nagila" conversion for me.
I have always loved Israel both in the spiritual sense and I have admired Israel's determination to survive. I feel no sympathy for terrorists and their anti-Semitic apologists. I think it is one of the great crimes against humanity that the terrorists hijacked the cause of the Palestinian people. As long as the people accept it, there can be no peace because the terrorists will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist. At all. THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
The terrorists have had their turn ruining the lives of the Palestinian people. It's time for them to step aside and let the Palestinian children have a future.
I love all sorts of crafts, needlework, and sewing. When Charles and Diana were married, I made a tiny duplicate of her wedding gown for my niece's Barbie doll.
I make handcrafted stuffed dolls and animals and the wardrobes to go with them.
I love to draw and paint.
I love writing screenplays, have finished at least one novel and intend to serialize one of the characters in two more future novels. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry.
I love to read and I read all kinds of books. Right now, I just finished reading, "Sarum" (a novel of British history) for the thrid time and at the moment, I'm reading one of Lillian Jackson Braun's cat detective stories.
I would like to find good romance novels to read but so far, very few carry any dramatic tension. It's mostly one formula engraved in cement that everybody follows. There's a limited number of adjectives for ripping the bodice, know what I mean?
My favorite writers are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. I suppose I should mention my distant cousin, Winifred Holtby, who was a writer but I've never actually read her work.
I love to help people and I am making a resource website for writers to do just that.
- Small Format Art (DRAWING, PAINTING, TRADITIONAL MIXED MEDIA) 8,442 photos, 402 members
- as good as its gets(ONLY FULL COLOR PICS!!!!!) 7,753 photos, 582 members
- Victorian 4,355 photos, 137 members
- Israel under attack 235 photos, 49 members
- .`ғℓคςҺคםคς 4,560 photos, 901 members
- Human Rights 10,300 photos, 1,227 members
- Mid East Politics Discussion/Debate Group 86 photos, 72 members
- Anti-Terrorist 721 photos, 319 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 389 photos, 159 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 121,173 photos, 9,967 members
- HUMANITY before Politics 103 photos, 21 members
- Art & Politics 11,431 photos, 937 members
- TIBET 2008 - 'cultural genocide'!!! 166 photos, 90 members
- Free Tibet !!! 6,230 photos, 1,499 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 4,488 photos, 1,476 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 284,617 photos, 42,493 members
- Jewish Quilts 72 photos, 21 members
- Native American Portraits 1,867 photos, 535 members
- Public Domain -- Government Sources 454 photos, 259 members
- Vintage Sheet Music 2,274 photos, 390 members
- Story Time 3,719 photos, 479 members
- VINTAGE PHOTO SHARING 24,718 photos, 1,838 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,574,232 photos, 84,689 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portrait Thursdays *OPEN* 3,373,814 photos, 96,825 members
- FLOWERS 1,162,849 photos, 93,581 members
- Catchy Colors 3,386,261 photos, 118,487 members
- FlickrCentral 7,002,328 photos, 204,297 members
- Cottage Gardening 4,479 photos, 363 members
- Cottages 7,153 photos, 885 members
- Abandoned Cottages 3,386 photos, 298 members
- Creative Writing 2,728 photos, 514 members
- *Book Sniffers* 21,181 photos, 1,488 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 97,365 photos, 6,372 members
- Writers General 1,735 photos, 329 members
- Writers 4,512 photos, 802 members
- Posaics - Flower Mosaics & Collages 408 photos, 95 members
- Mosaics and Collages 12,595 photos, 1,357 members
- collage casual 6,942 photos, 279 members
- Collages of Color 2,089 photos, 130 members
- Collage Jerks 15,102 photos, 1,316 members
- Jenny Holiday's "bits & pieces" collage swap! 181 photos, 77 members
- Innovative collage 15,185 photos, 687 members
- 6x6 collages 1,035 photos, 197 members
- Collage for beginners (like me...) 16,548 photos, 1,842 members
- COLLAGES 30,879 photos, 3,157 members
- deviantART Deviants 186,395 photos, 11,269 members
- All Collages 139,447 photos, 8,927 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 26,864 photos, 4,954 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 88,623 photos, 3,797 members
- internet artists gallery 152,516 photos, 5,424 members
uhuru1701 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Granada Hills, California
- Malibu hills, United States
- I am:
- 100% disabled
- Brain Fart Blog