I'm a hippie from the 60's and I was at Haight-Ashbury during the Summer of Love '67. The semester I graduated from high school (June 1968), both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated and Vietnam was raging. The year before, Israel liberated Jerusalem and freed it for all peoples of all faiths to follow their individual religious beliefs.
Popular groups of my generation were the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Supremes. My favorite radio station today is KRTH 101 (101.1 on the FM dial and you can listen to it here) but my favorite DJ's were always Dick Biondi and Dave Hull the Hullabalooer from AM KRLA in Los Angeles.
I have always been an artist and I have always been a writer. My brain is hyperactive even if my body is L-A-Z-Y. I always have to be opening up the creative outlets, like unhinging my skull and letting my mind wander out there in the cosmos somewhere.
I converted to Judaism in 1975 when I was 25 years old. I have now been a Jew longer than I was ever a Presbyterian. I converted according to the strictest application of halachic law - no "hava nagila" conversion for me.
I have always loved Israel both in the spiritual sense and I have admired Israel's determination to survive. I feel no sympathy for terrorists and their anti-Semitic apologists. I think it is one of the great crimes against humanity that the terrorists hijacked the cause of the Palestinian people. As long as the people accept it, there can be no peace because the terrorists will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist. At all. THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
The terrorists have had their turn ruining the lives of the Palestinian people. It's time for them to step aside and let the Palestinian children have a future.
I love all sorts of crafts, needlework, and sewing. When Charles and Diana were married, I made a tiny duplicate of her wedding gown for my niece's Barbie doll.
I make handcrafted stuffed dolls and animals and the wardrobes to go with them.
I love to draw and paint.
I love writing screenplays, have finished at least one novel and intend to serialize one of the characters in two more future novels. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry.
I love to read and I read all kinds of books. Right now, I just finished reading, "Sarum" (a novel of British history) for the thrid time and at the moment, I'm reading one of Lillian Jackson Braun's cat detective stories.
I would like to find good romance novels to read but so far, very few carry any dramatic tension. It's mostly one formula engraved in cement that everybody follows. There's a limited number of adjectives for ripping the bodice, know what I mean?
My favorite writers are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. I suppose I should mention my distant cousin, Winifred Holtby, who was a writer but I've never actually read her work.
I love to help people and I am making a resource website for writers to do just that.
- Small Format Art (DRAWING, PAINTING, TRADITIONAL MIXED MEDIA) 8,476 photos, 403 members
- as good as its gets(ONLY FULL COLOR PICS!!!!!) 7,325 photos, 583 members
- Victorian 4,139 photos, 137 members
- Israel under attack 235 photos, 49 members
- .`ғℓคςҺคםคς 4,621 photos, 898 members
- Human Rights 10,172 photos, 1,223 members
- Mid East Politics Discussion/Debate Group 86 photos, 72 members
- Anti-Terrorist 721 photos, 319 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 389 photos, 159 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 118,781 photos, 9,904 members
- HUMANITY before Politics 103 photos, 21 members
- Art & Politics 10,922 photos, 931 members
- TIBET 2008 - 'cultural genocide'!!! 166 photos, 90 members
- Free Tibet !!! 6,201 photos, 1,501 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 4,472 photos, 1,479 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,546 photos, 42,633 members
- Jewish Quilts 72 photos, 21 members
- Native American Portraits 1,831 photos, 528 members
- Public Domain -- Government Sources 453 photos, 256 members
- Vintage Sheet Music 2,232 photos, 387 members
- Story Time 3,492 photos, 465 members
- VINTAGE PHOTO SHARING 23,387 photos, 1,799 members
- Beautiful Capture 2,452,587 photos, 82,559 members
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF **OPEN** 3,298,715 photos, 94,936 members
- FLOWERS 1,150,909 photos, 92,876 members
- Catchy Colors 3,275,349 photos, 114,926 members
- FlickrCentral 6,691,571 photos, 197,184 members
- Cottage Gardening 4,464 photos, 361 members
- Cottages 6,817 photos, 865 members
- Abandoned Cottages 3,265 photos, 291 members
- Creative Writing 2,640 photos, 514 members
- *Book Sniffers* 20,230 photos, 1,482 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 97,355 photos, 6,388 members
- Writers General 1,714 photos, 329 members
- Writers 4,499 photos, 801 members
- Posaics - Flower Mosaics & Collages 405 photos, 95 members
- Mosaics and Collages 12,387 photos, 1,359 members
- collage casual 6,548 photos, 276 members
- Collages of Color 2,044 photos, 129 members
- Collage Jerks 14,494 photos, 1,290 members
- Jenny Holiday's "bits & pieces" collage swap! 181 photos, 77 members
- Innovative collage 14,224 photos, 678 members
- 6x6 collages 1,037 photos, 197 members
- Collage for beginners (like me...) 16,363 photos, 1,795 members
- COLLAGES 29,772 photos, 3,140 members
- deviantART Deviants 180,755 photos, 11,162 members
- All Collages 137,026 photos, 8,905 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 26,392 photos, 4,950 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 85,534 photos, 3,738 members
- internet artists gallery 147,585 photos, 5,391 members
uhuru1701 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Granada Hills, California
- Malibu hills, United States
- I am:
- 100% disabled
- Brain Fart Blog