Hello all! My name is Charis Tsevis and I am a visual designer living and working in Greece.
I am holding a Diploma of Graphic Design from the Akademie fur das Grafishe Gewerbe, Munchen and a Master in Visual Design from the Scuola Politecnica di Design, Milano.
I am managing my own studio by the name of "Tsevis Visual Design" in Athens serving clients all over the world.
Our client list includes companies like Nike, PepsiCo, Toyota and IKEA, advertising agencies like TBWA\Chiat\Day, Saatchi & Saatchi LA, DDB Munich and Leo Burnett Hong Kong and media like Time, Fortune, Wired and the Wall Street Journal.
Since 1996 I am a part time professor of Editorial Design and Typography at the AKTO College of Art and Design, where I had the honor to serve as a Vice Head of the Graphic Design Department for the years 2002 - 2004.
I have also presented seminars at the Panteion University of Athens and have given lectures in numerous national and international conferences and symposiums like the International Conference on Typography and Visual Communication or the Adobe D-Day.
I am a columnist in some of the most respected design and computer magazines in Greece (+design, RAM etc.).
I have written two books about Adobe Photoshop published by Lambrakis Press in Greece. These two books are the absolute best sellers for Adobe Photoshop in Greece.
My work is awarded in ED Awards (Europe), Epica Awards (Europe), NPSA (USA), EBGE (Greece) etc.
I also belong to the Parachute Fonts circle of type designers since the year 2001 having designed 10 typefaces. My PF Libera is one of the top-selling script typefaces in Greece and has been awarded with an EBGE merit (Greek Graphic Design Awards) in 2002.
I am a founding member of Visual Communication Designers' Club (vcdc) in Greece, a regular member of the Greek Graphic Design Association (GGDA) and a regular member of ATypI (Association Typographique International).
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CharisTsevis
Facebook account: www.facebook.com/tsevis
Photos of tsevis (5)
- Atlético de Madrid 1,354 photos, 147 members
- Nënë Tereza - Mother Teresa - Madre Teresa 110 photos, 72 members
- Christianity 19,633 photos, 1,385 members
- woodstock 5 stelle - musica e futuro 533 photos, 78 members
- V-Day 284 photos, 39 members
- Movimento 5 Stelle - V-Day 819 photos, 318 members
- Meetup Verona 35 photos, 9 members
- VAFFA-DAY 708 photos, 128 members
- Five Star Movement 125 photos, 25 members
- Italy 270,800 photos, 11,945 members
- Movimento 5 stelle di Beppe Grillo - SALERNO 100 photos, 3 members
- Barack Obama 114 photos, 21 members
- Obama 2012 137 photos, 32 members
- Election 2012 1,135 photos, 276 members
- Anti Tea Party, Anti Republican, & Anti Fox News League 2,650 photos, 189 members
- * ALL COLLECTIONS - and PATTERNS, TEXTURES, DETAILED STUDIES * 88,760 photos, 3,013 members
- House M.D. 123 14 photos, 19 members
- "HouseMD"_Hugh Laurie 24 photos, 15 members
- Dr. House 35 photos, 84 members
- House M.D. 230 photos, 245 members
- MUSIC vs MUSIC 697 photos, 39 members
- Arithmancy 2,633 photos, 205 members
- Coachella Music & Arts Festival 8,381 photos, 660 members
- Radiohead 8,123 photos, 1,839 members
- THOM YORKE-RADIOHEAD 443 photos, 230 members
- art and ilustration 6,417 photos, 447 members
- PLYM Magazine 51,410 photos, 2,963 members
- Views: 25,000 899 photos, 907 members
- Portrait/Mood/Face 3,005 photos, 192 members
- Black History 5,616 photos, 749 members
- amywinehouse 253 photos, 137 members
- amy winehouse 326 photos, 157 members
- Mexico 115,908 photos, 4,352 members
- Berlin Illustration Animation Connections 739 photos, 71 members
- iPhone Backgrounds 2,048 photos, 370 members
- DesignbyNature 64 photos, 25 members
- My favorite works of my Flickr friends 30,738 photos, 1,420 members
- Portraits of Steve Jobs 86 photos, 20 members
- R.I.P Steve Jobs 690 photos, 389 members
- Poets and Artists 453 photos, 75 members
- Views: 5000 6,148 photos, 3,725 members
- Favorites: 300 792 photos, 317 members
- 400+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 362 photos, 412 members
- Tiki Tiki Tiki 256 photos, 773 members
- Burstoid 1,132 photos, 122 members
- Futebol | Football | Fútbol | Soccer | Calcio | Fussball 10,999 photos, 783 members
- GRaphicART-news 466 photos, 59 members
- Your Future in a Coffee Cup 8 photos, 13 members
- Art Nectar 694 photos, 28 members
- DESIGN IS BLACK AND WHITE 3,342 photos, 856 members
16th January, 2012
"Di solito sono piuttosto critico e poco incline ai complimenti gratuiti, ma tutto questo non vale per Charis, un artista straordinario le cui opere sono ricercate ed apprezzate in tutto il mondo, e sinceramente ne invidio talento, capacità e risultati ottenuti.
Usually I'm very critical and not inclined to praise free, but this does not apply to Charis, an extraordinary artist whose artworks are sought and appreciated world wide, and honestly I envy his talent, skills and achievements."
28th March, 2011
Vector Hugo says:
"Combine pioneering visual experimentation with unlimited creativity, passion and kindness and you have Charis."
17th February, 2010
Heart of Áfrika Designs says:
"Just in the tradition of the ancient textile weavers of Afrika, your mosaics speak without words...sing an epic tale!"
1st January, 2010
"Que más puedo agregar...Es una artista original súper creativo y jugado, con creaciones que tienen un trabajo muy minucioso...
Sólo tienen que observar su galería que esta llena de creatividad, muy recomendable!"
26th October, 2009
Circular Axis says:
"your works are absolutely awesome"
19th February, 2009
"I originally met Charis on an online forum-flaming-war about MACs and PCs. At a certain point I became his sworn forum enemy!
All that changed however, at the point we started a personal conversation and later on we met on several occasions.
It was at this point that I realised one extremely important point about his character:
If you strip Charis from his multi-talented Homo Universalis persona, above and beyond all, he is a true friend and a passionate man.
He is the one that will support his friends, stand on his beliefs and will never pretend of being someone else, for publicity's sake.
Even now that he is known worldwide!
We are friends because he is simply Charis.
Nothing more, nothing else.
PS: Now I have one imac and two PCs and running all three OSes known to man. But I earn most of my daily bread from the mac.
Thanks to him"
2nd February, 2009
"Charis is a truly fearless artist. He dares to go the extra experimental mile where others rest within their perceived and false safety. He always attempts to be in touch with the zeitgeist of our era, that is now seemingly changing so fast, while the core remains eternally the same."
22nd July, 2008
Peggy Dembicer says:
"Tsevis is a great experimenter with awesome results. Looking at his work is inspiring."
29th May, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Since much has been said about his artistic ability and skills, I wanted to comment about Charis on a different level. Though I know him only through our interaction here on Flickr, I believe that Charis has a warm soul and is a very kind hearted man. His comments always make me smile and feel good about myself, and that is a very beautiful thing. He always seems willing and able to notice the deep sentimental value of art, and is very gracious upon receiving compliments. He clearly puts thought into most every comment he makes, something that is generally rare in this large community. As a member of the flickr community Charis Tsevis deserves a big Bravo!"
21st February, 2007
"Charis is my big brother!
He's an amazing person and artist and I'm so proud of him...
I grew up having him as a role model, so it was inevitable that I studied graphic design!!
Love you big brother! :D"
23rd August, 2006
"Dedication and devotion to my teacher
as not only being a "Grand master" to me
and also as a friend.
It a person who is a true lover for what he does.
Respect to my teacher and friend.
Thanx would be just nothing compared to for
what i learnd from him.
thank you master"
28th May, 2006
"I feel so lucky having Charis Tsevis as a teacher. His advices and his persistence are a true treasure not only for me, but for everybody.
I admire him both for his talent and creativity but also for his great personality.
No matter what the problem is, he is always there searching for solutions.
I will never be able to thank him enough!"
26th May, 2006
"Charis Tsevis is a person who's willing each and every moment of this vague life to push creativity and innovation to their limits just to teach the rest of us that life is not as vague as we are used to see it. He is able at anytime to turn upside down and inside out our whole view on this human world and its creations with just some clicks of his mouse!"
22nd May, 2006
"She was all of thirty-four years old when she discovered that she was, in fact, just what her parents had always told her: the product of a Russian-authored PhotoShop plug-in."
21st May, 2006
"I am sorry I am not using Greek since I am not very skilled to express my feelings correctly. Tsevis you are trully gifted and I liked everything from your website to the photos and projects youhave on Flickr. Is good to see some talent from motherland pleasing the crowds of the online world. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the friend add. I ll keep my eye on you in the future. I am sure your students are so lucky to have you as a teacher"
10th May, 2006
- Charis Tsevis
- December 2005
- Athens, Greece
- Athens, Greece
- I am:
- Visual Designer
- Tsevis Visual Design