I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 6,112 photos, 10,270 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,157 photos, 7,120 members
- Winter 2011-2012 215 photos, 50 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 18,904 photos, 1,277 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 292,096 photos, 15,830 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 43,768 photos, 765 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 181,823 photos, 57,911 members
- FlickrCentric 79 photos, 243 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,897 photos, 23,163 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 53 photos, 17 members
- October 10, 2010 1,824 photos, 2,542 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,102 photos, 157 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,214 photos, 93 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,621 photos, 84 members
- Our Adorable Kids 2,254 photos, 145 members
- ~ Toys =D ... April Contest - Open 29,377 photos, 1,234 members
- Project 365 1,655,637 photos, 27,811 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 16,025 photos, 586 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 395 photos, 62 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 3,657 photos, 377 members
- The NYC Subway 44,074 photos, 9,827 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 24,523 photos, 16,427 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 79 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 25 photos, 121 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,644 photos, 562 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 42 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Commons 2,085 photos, 1,783 members
- Olympus Pen EE 9,734 photos, 1,093 members
- A message for Obama 841 photos, 1,398 members
- US Election 2008 946 photos, 542 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,478 photos, 1,185 members
- great greetings! 166 photos, 115 members
- relentlesstoil international 35 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 530,518 photos, 17,023 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 100 photos, 158 members
- Quotografie 704 photos, 95 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,518 photos, 962 members
- savvydaddy 65 photos, 43 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 465 photos, 245 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,773 photos, 3,238 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,498 photos, 5,050 members
- MASS MoCA 3,619 photos, 362 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 163,329 photos, 17,119 members
- The Children That We Were 564 photos, 186 members
- Shutter Sisters 399,025 photos, 12,362 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 10 photos, 24 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 664 photos, 169 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
24th July, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
28th October, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
14th June, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
31st March, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
7th March, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs