Photography has provided an outlet for my creative nature and continues to provide balance between the scientific/logical and artistic/spiritual sides of my being. Balancing the technical aspects of the images and their capture; with the artistic elements of capturing or processing the image and the emotive response of the result of that endeavor; I continually seek images which connect me to the wonders and joys of life.
What a BUNCH OF CRAP. I just enjoy the process. :-)
When I saw the sheer talent out there in Flickrland I knew I couldn't compete. However, I try and take pictures that interest me and hopefully interest you. My Flickr site is a fairly eclectic collection as you may see. Flickr has virtually all my pics, good and bad. I will shortly post links to other sites where I feature my best images covering various subjects.
I like to do urban hiking, exploring towns and cities and their backstreets. Lots of social photography as well, events and that kind of thing. You wont find many people portraits here, I don't really do them. And I haven't got or can afford the right kit (if anyone wants to donate me anything it will be gratefully received).
I have a new interest in food photography, so there will be many new pics of dishes I have either cooked myself or bought. I also collect street art where ever I find it (mostly in every town I visit). Some of these pictures may be unique as the artwork/graffiti has long since gone.
Also, as you may notice my site predominantly features images of the City of Preston, in Lancashire, England - cause that where I live. However, it's also become a photo travelogue of the UK. You will also find here images of:
Grange Over Sands
Plus loads of little towns and villages
All images and accompanying text Copyright © Tony Worrall foto. Use of any kind - inclusive of being reproduced, copied, edited, published, blogged, altered, transmitted or uploaded in any way - inclusive of private use without written permission is in violation of international copyright laws (633/41 DPR19/78-Disg 154/97-L.248/2000) \ if you wish to use any of my images for any reason/purpose please contact me.
Anyone wishing to use or purchase copies of my photos click the link below to Red Bubble. If you see any of the images in my stream that you would like and are not there, then let me know and I'll add them to the site for you:
Currently I am being made a contact a lot. I do look at contacts pictures, review them, add comments and favourite the ones I like. This takes some time to do properly, this is why I haven't made you all into my contact straight away as I currently can't keep up. But please bear with me I will endeavour to look at all your photos and give them the time that they deserve when I get down the list of people. I am very grateful to you all for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. It really spurs me on so thanks.
TOTAL viewcount (including photo hits, sets and collections - the above shows individual visits to my page) to July 2013 is 2,928,000 with over 24,600 items posted to Flickr
If you would like to reproduce/blog any material, please ask first. All photos approved should be clearly credited back to me. A link back to my original flickr photo is also required. This is Clearly Stated in the Flickr Terms of Service.
I have posted several thousand images on Flickr to date and don't expect anyone to trawl through them all. I have created loads of sets where related pictures can be found but if you want to have a look at my most interesting as decided by viewers click on the link below:-
Any genuine critical comments on my pictures would be most appreciated. I thank your for taking the time to look
Using 0.058 TB of unlimited storage
For some of my facts and trivia about the City of Preston follow this link:
ULTIMATE Preston Facts & Trivia
Photos of Tony Worrall Foto (1)
- Say Cheese for Lancashire Day 7 photos, 2 members
- Instant Classic 452 photos, 41 members
- Hobbyist Photography 1,346 photos, 95 members
- Dudley Borough - Share and promote it 1,167 photos, 143 members
- Foodies 153,436 photos, 3,974 members
- celebrity chefs: sightings & tales 813 photos, 195 members
- ` FLICKR ´ 254,000 photos, 6,833 members
- A MILLION FLICKS 397,387 photos, 1,727 members
- brilliant flickr 15,227 photos, 1,161 members
- COOKBOOK: Beautiful Images 27,775 photos, 1,664 members
- Wakefield 7,427 photos, 345 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 445,477 photos, 2,182 members
- Eyes On The World 42,176 photos, 1,580 members
- Total Photography 106,630 photos, 3,976 members
- Photos Around the World - Fotos de Todo el Mundo 14,896 photos, 639 members
- - I LOVE NATURE - 585,277 photos, 16,494 members
- ***BEAUTIFUL WORLDVIEWS*** 19,802 photos, 403 members
- Flickr Hive Mind Group / Administration 70,230 photos, 2,131 members
- Professional looking food photography 169,151 photos, 15,640 members
- Preston Flickr Meets 1,391 photos, 48 members
- Food Glorious Food 200,073 photos, 8,237 members
- Southport 6,842 photos, 456 members
- Olympus Food & Drink 6,562 photos, 378 members
- A Food Photography Experience! 394,711 photos, 19,848 members
- Delicious Foods 176,306 photos, 6,333 members
- Chefs 1,731 photos, 279 members
- Wolverhampton (NO LIMITS) 4,593 photos, 95 members
- Wolverhampton 2,078 photos, 222 members
- @rte di @qua 4,196 photos, 137 members
- A world of photography 95,726 photos, 2,254 members
- Yahoo Your Pictures 48,789 photos, 2,988 members
- EAT ME, DRINK ME. 71,646 photos, 1,788 members
- Sweets and Cakes 8,493 photos, 849 members
- !Flickr Food & Cuisine Around the world *none food pics will be 175,351 photos, 8,454 members
- Blackpool, Lancashire 17,914 photos, 629 members
- Blackpool 27,245 photos, 1,207 members
- I Use Olympus Cameras 63,161 photos, 1,054 members
- Berries and fruit 24,637 photos, 5,125 members
- Cumbria Tourism - Cumbria the Lake District 1,797 photos, 83 members
- Cumbria and the Lake District 4,122 photos, 562 members
- uk graff 20,491 photos, 414 members
- GRAFFITI NATION 378,224 photos, 6,879 members
- Flower Flower Flower 207,115 photos, 21,721 members
- A Photographers View 62,828 photos, 1,716 members
- Colors of the World 892,462 photos, 27,392 members
- Sunrise and Sunset 106,204 photos, 8,003 members
- Keswick 2,241 photos, 198 members
- Flick Bar 27,265 photos, 1,043 members
- 2013 in the UK and Ireland 18,199 photos, 144 members
- Night Images 912,836 photos, 116,794 members
Pink Flutterby ƸӜƷ © OFF says:
"I never knew how beautiful Preston was until I joined flickr 4 months ago and added Tony as a contact.
His passion for photographing Preston has inspired me to want to discover and learn about my home city even more.
If I ever want to find some place to take the kids on a sunny afternoon, I'll be going through Tony's photo's to find somewhere new in Preston I've not seen before."
26th April, 2010
Preston Digital Archive says:
"Just when you think you know all their is to know about Preston, up pops something entirely new to me. Tony has a superb eye for detail in all that he does. Their is not much of the city that has escaped his lens."
11th October, 2009
"I really like Your photostream, and i love some of Your pictures!"
23rd September, 2009
Rick McGrath says:
"I live in Canada but I may have seen more of Preston than the locals, thanks to Tony and his ultra-inquisitive lens. Bars, graffiti, buildings, statues, streets -- all are fodder for Tony's unique blend of the historical and the artistic, as he deftly blends his interest in the real and the abstract in s great collection of informative, yet emotional photographs. I always look forward to new additions to Tony's always-rewarding photostream!"
17th August, 2009
"I think Tony Worrall's photo's of Preston are brilliant. I was born in Preston and I moved away when I was 17 but seeing his photo's have certainly livened up my memories of the old place and put a broad, wide smile on my face. Thanks Tony !!"
15th January, 2009
Mr. Ducke says:
"Tony takes photographs well, but more importantly he "sees" interesting photos in the most unexpected places, and brings them into being. I always find something to enjoy in each new batch he posts.
One more thing: the city of Preston should be paying him a salary! I had never heard of Preston before meeting Tony on Flickr, and now I would like to pay a visit there someday. Tony's vision gives the lie to that whole "it's grim up north' thing.."
6th January, 2009
Stu Price says:
"Tony takes some great photos of the Preston area. I grew up in Penwortham and love seing his images of my old stomping grounds. His pics are simple but always interesting. Keep up the good work Tony."
9th February, 2008
- Tony Worrall Foto
- July 2007
- Ramsgate, Kent
- Preston, Lancashire
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Fully occupied